How do I get audio to playback on my pc?

thebitblock

How do I get audio to playback on my pc?

Post by thebitblock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:53 am

As of now I've been plugging into the 3DS headphone jack and into my PC's microphone jack. In doing this I can't hear any audio from my PC or the system. I knwo this is a very noobish question but what do I need so the audio will come out of my PC speakers while I play?

--Josh

triple_lei

Re: How do I get audio to playback on my pc?

Post by triple_lei » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:14 am

It's supposed to go in the Line In jack. On my computer I also have to select Line In as the "Default Device" in Realtek HD Audio Manager.

For what it's worth I also have the recording volume at 85, which seems to match the 3DS's max volume (to my ears, anyway...).

SuperJeenius

Post by SuperJeenius » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 am

Depends on your operating system. If you're on Windows Vista or 7, you should be able to right-click on your speaker icon on the tray, go to "Recording devices". Now find the microphone port the 3DS is plugged into, right click on that, and click "Properties". Now there should be a "Listen" tab, check the box next to "Listen to this device", hit "Apply", and you should be good to go.

thebitblock

Post by thebitblock » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:18 pm

Thanks guys, fixed it. :)

grimreaper

Post by grimreaper » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:01 am

SuperJeenius wrote:Depends on your operating system. If you're on Windows Vista or 7, you should be able to right-click on your speaker icon on the tray, go to "Recording devices". Now find the microphone port the 3DS is plugged into, right click on that, and click "Properties". Now there should be a "Listen" tab, check the box next to "Listen to this device", hit "Apply", and you should be good to go.
I'm keep hearing myself and the gameplay at the same time. I did everything you said. What am I doing wrong? I'm using windows 7.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Mute your microphone, and use your PC's line in (not mic in).
Another person had a laptop where the external mic port was shared with the internal mic, and he couldn't select one or the other (terrible design...) If that's your case, you might be SOL.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:02 pm

loopy wrote:Mute your microphone, and use your PC's line in (not mic in).
Another person had a laptop where the external mic port was shared with the internal mic, and he couldn't select one or the other (terrible design...) If that's your case, you might be SOL.
Not quite, you can get this
My old laptop had one of those ports too.