Can't Install Recording App - "WINUSB.DLL was not found"

Jessica

Can't Install Recording App - "WINUSB.DLL was not found"

Post by Jessica » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:22 am

I am running Windows XP Pro (everything is up to date, as far as I can tell) through Parallels 8 on a Mac (Mountain Lion 10.8.4). I downloaded Loopy's recording software and drivers, unzipped them using Stuff It Expander, but every time I click on the .exe file to actually install them, this error message occurs:

I've Googled around, but I haven't found a solution that I understand yet. I've tried re-downloading the zip files, unzipping them again, and it still has the error message. I used Windows XP extensively as a teen, and never had this happen. Any ideas?

Thank you for your time, Jessica

MKGirlism

Re: Can't Install Recording App - "WINUSB.DLL was not found"

Post by MKGirlism » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 pm

1. Download.
2. Unzip.
3. Put the .dll file in C:\WINDOWS\system32.
4. Get some coffee, because you're done.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:15 pm

It looks like the driver hasn't been installed yet.

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:18 am

Thank you for the reply, MKGirlism. Many websites warn to not download .dll files from sites offering .dll downloads, as it might mess up one's computer (or come packaged with something malicious). Are you sure dll-files.com is a safe source?

I went to My Computer --> Right-clicked on Local Hard Drive C: --> Properties --> Tools --> And under "Error Checking", I clicked "Check Now", and selected "Automatically fix file system errors" and "Scan and attempt recovery of bad sectors".

Windows restarted and Error Checking did its thing, but I still get the same "WINUSB.DLL was not found" error.

Thank you for the reply, Loopy, but I cannot install the drivers on your download page. After downloading the drivers, and unzipping the file, this is the folder I get:

You can also see the error message that pops up every time I try to open up the .exe file for your recording app.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:09 am

It's safe, I used that site over 9000 times already.
Checking the disk on errors was not necessary at all.

To install the Driver, you have to go to Control Panel > Device Manager > Click the unknown device (it should have a yellow "!" thingy near its Icon), right-click on it, and choose "Update".
Then a Wizard should start, simply point the installation to the Directory the Drivers are located at (don't use Windows Update, because it won't work), and install it.
When prompt, just trust the Driver.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Or you can run this instead - http://3dscapture.com/ds/ds_driver_install.exe
Plug in the DS first and close any driver warnings that pop up before you run it.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 am

Hi all, I've seen a solution to this problem. But the link does not work there. Look at here http://fix4dll.com/d3drm_dll. Replace the broken file. This solution to your problem. Good luck.