Recording works fine, but black screen on program?

shadowofchaos

Recording works fine, but black screen on program?

Post by shadowofchaos » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:51 am

Edit: It HAS been resolved... but there's a "slight" issue still...

...by resizing the window and the screen gets brighter...
but... it still makes me wonder...

Image Links:
Small, low brightness
Resized to large, normal brightness

Wouldn't that be considered... sort of a bug? Or is it MEANT to do that?

**** Old Post ****
I might just have to suck it up and deal with this, but I figured I might as well post about it.

The Capture Card works perfectly... recording and taking screenshot PNGs.

Image Image

However, I DO end up with a blank screen whenever it is still recording: Click here for the huge image

I know it might not be a big deal, but I usually stream stuff to another person via Skype for co-commentary... and that's not really possible if the preview window on the computer is a blank screen.

My Operating System is: Windows 7 64-Bit Professional
Processor: i7-2670QM 2.20GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Intel HD Integrated (Ugh... I can't really complain... I got this thing for free.)

But I'm pretty sure it should be able to handle displaying the screen... It's just a matter of why it's able to capture video and audio, and generate PNG screenshots... but not show the screen while doing it

Essentially, the program drops frames a few times when recording uncompressed... I would like to see if using FRAPS can solve that issue... but again, that would need for me to actually be seeing something onscreen.

Kazo

Re: Recording works fine, but black screen on program?

Post by Kazo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:40 am

try this
Kazo wrote:Try going into your video card settings and set Mipmap Detail Level to max quality. I had the same problem about the dim screens and tracked it down o that.