Black Screen After Installation

GweiTheLeafChild

Re: Black Screen After Installation

Post by GweiTheLeafChild » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:02 pm

loopy wrote:You can try disconnecting the capture board from the 3DS. I doubt it'll make any difference though. After seeing your video it looks even less likely to be the board's fault to me. It seems to crash in the same places, always while it's loading game data. Looks more like a faulty cartridge slot to me. If you insist it's my fault though, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and replace the 3DS. Email me to work out the details.
I don't think it's your fault, I thought maybe, there were some games that won't work well this this board. I'm gonna LP KH DDD later today, if I have problems, I'll let you know.

So far, I had no problems with Super Street Fighter IV, aside from this odd lipsync problem, but it seems like that's a Capcom 3DS game thing.

No problems with system memory games either.

I hope it's just RE being a game from a bad company, rather than a game that has a lot of assets, or is demanding, KH DDD seems like it would be a demanding game.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:27 pm

On black screens: I found a problem with an older USB 3.0 driver. The capture board wouldn't install correctly on a USB 3.0 port. Device Manager shows the board is ok, but the capture software can't see it. If you have this problem, try updating your USB 3.0 host controller driver.

thieves like us

Post by thieves like us » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:59 am

I'm late to the thread, however for those running windows 7 (64-bit) with an add-in usb 3.0 board, I found that the default drivers that windows load, do not work even though as loopy mentioned, windows will report that the device is working properly.

I ended up uninstalling and removing the drivers completely and doing the following:
- reboot windows
- plug in the usb cable connected to the capture board
- cancel the auto-detect of new hardware
- access device manager and right-click on the usb device listed as /!\, and then manually install the drivers (navigating to the folder containing the drivers that are found here on this site