Black Screen After Installation

Wiltshire

Black Screen After Installation

Post by Wiltshire » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:48 am

Hello everyone, I just recently installed the capture board. Everything went perfectly. The only problem is that when I plug in the board via USB and open the program I get a black screen on the program. Could this be due to the ribbon cable installation? Perhaps I missed a solder joint? I did notice when I got the ribbon cable there was a tiny dent in it. Nothing to severe, however I'm beginning to think it has something to do with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

*Edit upon further inspection I noted that the ribbon cable slot on the board is broken! It's cracked!

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Black Screen After Installation

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:00 am

All boards are tested before they ship.

If it got cracked it may still work, depending on how bad it is. But first, are you sure the driver is installed ok? Check the Device Manager and make sure everything looks normal there.

Wiltshire

Post by Wiltshire » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:36 pm

loopy wrote:All boards are tested before they ship.

If it got cracked it may still work, depending on how bad it is. But first, are you sure the driver is installed ok? Check the Device Manager and make sure everything looks normal there.
Thanks for answering. I think the drivers installed fine. I tested it on my XP PC, my Windows 7 PC and my Windows 8 PC and just the same black screen.
Attachments
IMG_0261.JPG
IMG_0261.JPG (203.72 KiB) Viewed 4852 times

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 pm

Well, I bought mine preinstalled and when open up the application it's a black screen. I don't know what to do.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 pm

Guest wrote:Well, I bought mine preinstalled and when open up the application it's a black screen. I don't know what to do.
Perhaps the same is happening to me. It must be driver issues. But I have tried it on 5 different PCs now and nothing.

Wiltshire

Post by Wiltshire » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Well, I bought mine preinstalled and when open up the application it's a black screen. I don't know what to do.
Perhaps the same is happening to me. It must be driver issues. But I have tried it on 5 different PCs now and nothing.
This is my answer to this person's comment, I forgot to log in...

Wiltshire

Post by Wiltshire » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 pm

Wiltshire wrote:
Guest wrote:
This is my answer to this person's comment, I forgot to log in...
Here is a few pictures of the damage on the boards slot. I hope it is not too severe.
Attachments
IMG_0273.JPG
IMG_0273.JPG (169.44 KiB) Viewed 4838 times
IMG_0270.JPG
IMG_0270.JPG (209.22 KiB) Viewed 4838 times

Wiltshire

Post by Wiltshire » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:50 am

So I tested to see if the board would capture even though it is showing a black screen. The program reports nothing but dropped frames. I'll post a screenshot in a bit

Wiltshire

Post by Wiltshire » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:58 am

Okay! I made a break through! I got the bottom screen to work! However the top screen is random noise. I have a few screenshots below to the what I'm describing. There is another problem, you'll notice that the colour is yellow instead of white. Now if I press on the slot for the ribbon cable the colour somewhat clears up. This may be because of the cracked board slot.... that's what I'm afraid of.
Attachments
00001.png
00001.png (161.84 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
00003.png
00003.png (93.26 KiB) Viewed 4822 times

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:03 am

Same question I asked Wiltshire: Are you sure the driver is installed ok? Check the Device Manager and make sure everything looks normal there.