Random Lag Spikes While Livestreaming from my 3DS~~

YourEnd7

Random Lag Spikes While Livestreaming from my 3DS~~

Post by YourEnd7 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello. I'm having an issue with livestreaming from my 3DS. I wanted to see if anyone else had or has the same issue as me. Whenever I try streaming with xSplit from my 3DS XL capture card, I get constant lag spikes. I'm not even talking about going live, I mean the program is like this offline too. Like, the game runs perfectly and all but every 6-7 seconds I get a small amount of lag. The 3ds viewer program that I got from Katsukity's capture card does not have any lag spikes at all. This even happens while I am standing still. It's really annoying. I have tried other streaming programs such as OBS and I get the same problem. I don't even get any lag spikes while recording my 3DS display with fraps or camtasia. So, I don't think the problem is coming from my capture card or my streaming programs. I have tried all my other 3DS games and I get the same result. I believe it's either a hardware issue or something is messed up on my PC. Below are my PC specs:

AMD FX (tm)-6300 Six-core Processor 3.50 Ghz
8.00 GB of RAM
64 bit (Windows 7 Ultimate)
GeForce GTX 660

Yeah, I know this has nothing to do with Loopy's capture card, but I wanted to post it on this forum since a lot of others here might have run into the same problem while trying to livestream. My 3DS capture card is from Katsukity. I know for a fact that there is a way to stream without these lag spikes, as I have watched a lot of other streamers who use xSplit and don't have this problem.

If anyone can help me solve this, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance~