Arbitrary rotation of capture window?

Clockysauce

Arbitrary rotation of capture window?

Post by Clockysauce » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:08 am

I just got Rhythm Heaven for the DS, a game that requires one to turn the DS to its side, resulting in sideways capture. I was wondering if there already is an arbitrary rotate function that I wasn't aware of, so that when I display this on my computer it would appear upright, or if there's on in the works, because that would be really nice.

Thank you!

MithrilMonarch

Re: Arbitrary rotation of capture window?

Post by MithrilMonarch » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:35 am

Do you use your DS/3DS capture to play your game on a bigger screen? Or do you use it to actually capture footage for video content?

If it's the latter, you can rotate it in many post-production programs, such as Sony Vegas or VirtualDub.

Clockysauce

Post by Clockysauce » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:15 am

MithrilMonarch wrote:Do you use your DS/3DS capture to play your game on a bigger screen? Or do you use it to actually capture footage for video content?

If it's the latter, you can rotate it in many post-production programs, such as Sony Vegas or VirtualDub.
I use my DS capture it to stream DS games. I was hoping for a more practical alternative for people who have low-end set ups. Virtual Dub is great, just uses a little too much for my system along to run with the three other programs I need while streaming.

MithrilMonarch

Post by MithrilMonarch » Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:37 am

Can't you rotate screens in steaming programs? Seems silly that OBS or Xsplit wouldn't implement something like that.

Maybe Loopy can add some kind of screen rotation thing into some build of the software.

Clockysauce

Post by Clockysauce » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:58 pm

MithrilMonarch wrote:Can't you rotate screens in steaming programs? Seems silly that OBS or Xsplit wouldn't implement something like that.

Maybe Loopy can add some kind of screen rotation thing into some build of the software.
Xsplit has it, but I use OBS because it uses a lot less CPU and offers almost all of the same services as Xsplit for free. I looked on the OBS forums and one of the devs said that implementing such a thing is currently low-priority.

Kazo

Post by Kazo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:27 pm

I have been fiddling with my own capture program. i could go and release a special build that has the screen sideways for DS games. the program is in its infancy but it is able to sofar display the screen and take screen shots.

do you play ds games in 256x192 mode or 320x240 stretched mode? cause as of now the capture window would need to be hard coded for the size and not be changeable =/ also is is rotated to the left or right?

Clockysauce

Post by Clockysauce » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Kazo wrote:I have been fiddling with my own capture program. i could go and release a special build that has the screen sideways for DS games. the program is in its infancy but it is able to sofar display the screen and take screen shots.

do you play ds games in 256x192 mode or 320x240 stretched mode? cause as of now the capture window would need to be hard coded for the size and not be changeable =/ also is is rotated to the left or right?
I play in the native resolution that the DSCapture runs with and resize it in OBS.

The problem with games like this is that they have a left handed mode, and a right handed mode. and because I play with left handed mode, coding for just lefties would be impractical because there's far more people who play in right handed mode. Really all that needs to happen is this.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:55 pm

It shouldn't be difficult to add, I just need to find the time for it. I'll try to get to it this weekend.

Kazo

Post by Kazo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:36 pm

oh do you have a dscapture and not a 3ds capture? i don't have a ds capture any more to test on.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:30 pm

loopy wrote:It shouldn't be difficult to add, I just need to find the time for it. I'll try to get to it this weekend.
Hey, Loopy - looking forward to sending you my DS in the next week or two for the DScapture install! I just wanted to see if the screen rotation feature had been added because I'd love to be able to stream Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (which is played in the "book format" with a screen to the right and left instead of top and bottom).

Thanks!