Arbitrary rotation of capture window?

micro500

Re: Arbitrary rotation of capture window?

Post by micro500 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:32 pm

*bump*

I am running into the same problem of not being able to rotate the screen when streaming with OBS.

Loopy: is it possible to have this feature added to the capture software? Otherwise, has anyone found a solution for this?

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:43 am

Workaround might be to switch your monitor to portrait mode in display settings.

EDIT:

I just found out OBS is going to be deprecated and not supported soon. Looks like OBS Multiplatform is the future. That DOES have image/window rotation.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:06 am

LVNeptune wrote:Workaround might be to switch your monitor to portrait mode in display settings.

EDIT:

I just found out OBS is going to be deprecated and not supported soon. Looks like OBS Multiplatform is the future. That DOES have image/window rotation.

Oooo, I haven't had a chance to play around with OBS Multiplatform yet and figured that I'd have to pay to use Xsplit during the times I want to play games with rotated screens. Thanks, LVNeptune! Just opened up OBS Multi and, yup, definitely has rotation.

micro500

Post by micro500 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:53 am

LVNeptune wrote:Workaround might be to switch your monitor to portrait mode in display settings.

EDIT:

I'm trying out OBS Multiplatform and I'm liking it so far. That takes care of my personal streaming. However, I plan to use this setup for AGDQ 2016 where I won't have any control over the streaming software. They'd like a rotated screen, so it would be easiest if the capture program was already rotated. Your suggestion of switching the monitor to portrait mode is a good backup method though.