Some games not able to work well with 3DSCB?

GweiTheLeafChild

Some games not able to work well with 3DSCB?

Post by GweiTheLeafChild » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:11 am

Okay, so I had my LP session of the first world of KH DDD

I made several hours of recordings of my playthrough with no hitch at all.

As opposed to another cartridge game, Resident Evil Revelations.

So, if I may theorize, could some games not work well with the modded 3DS consoles?

Probably, but I don't know for sure, I don't have an untouched 3DS to test out RE.

When I played RE, there were frequent crashes when quitting, dying, or even progressing through the game. There were also problems with the audio, like, lipsyncing off by two or three seconds. These problems persist even when the 3DS capture board isn't being utilized by my computer, and whether or not the machine is recording the game feed.

But it may be a Capcom game thing, I noticed while displaying or recording game footage of Super Street fighter IV, the dialogue in cutscenes would lag behind severely with the subtitles and cutscene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGbFTEVkfEU

Here's me getting glitched out of the RE game several times, reliably.

I only got into the cutscene after the wolves attacked by rapidly closing and opening my 3DS. Some of the triggers for causing an error have relieved somewhat, but then the problems occur again after quitting out of the game to the system menu and going back in.

This is footage of the game on a used copy.

I returned it, thinking it was faulty, and bought a brand new copy. Unfortunately for me, the problems occurred again.

There may either be faulty carts of this game running around, or something about Capcom games doesn't like the Capture Board, or my 3DS.

Does anyone with this game experience any of these problems on either your virgin 3DS and/or Capture Board 3DS?

MKGirlism

Re: Some games not able to work well with 3DSCB?

Post by MKGirlism » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:37 pm

I also had similar problems, but I've solved it by just re-inserting the Flat Cable a few times, until it worked without problems.
Maybe you should try that?

GweiTheLeafChild

Re: Some games not able to work well with 3DSCB?

Post by GweiTheLeafChild » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:21 pm

I'll try that the next time I play RE, thanks.