Video Rendering Problems

shadows_of_hope

Video Rendering Problems

Post by shadows_of_hope » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:02 am

I'm trying to upload my videos to YouTube, but whenever I publish them in Windows Movie Maker, the colors turn weird. The codec seems to be a part of the problem, as I have two recordings with different ones, and the colors will either go bad on the bottom screen, or bad with both on the other. Is there any way to edit my videos without something like this going wrong?

MKGirlism

Re: Video Rendering Problems

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:49 am

First of all, "in Windows Movie Maker" is your problem.
I mean, never, ever, ever use that crap, seriously.

You should try VirtualDub, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.
I prefer VirtualDub, because it's available for free, and isn't as hard to understand as the other said packages.

ShadowMario3

Re: Video Rendering Problems

Post by ShadowMario3 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 pm

MKGirlism wrote:First of all, "in Windows Movie Maker" is your problem.
I mean, never, ever, ever use that crap, seriously.

You should try VirtualDub, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.
I prefer VirtualDub, because it's available for free, and isn't as hard to understand as the other said packages.
Windows Movie Maker isn't so bad, once you learn about all the different customizations you can put in. Also, it's probably the best for those who want to quickly render a video.

But yeah, with 3DS recordings, I use Sony Vegas Pro. For some reason, when I try to render a video with Movie Maker (XP version), the video gets stretched and whatnot. Windows Live Movie Maker doesn't have that problem, so if you have Vista or 7, I would suggest that you try that and see if your color problems are fixed. The color problem could be on the type of codec you used as well, but it's more likely that XP Movie Maker is old.