Audio Working but Not Recording?

MopyDream44

Audio Working but Not Recording?

Post by MopyDream44 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:19 am

So I just got my capture board 3DS back today (yay) :) and I decided to do a bit of light testing. The video is both showing up on my PC (using Loopy's software of course) and recording just fine, but I'm having trouble with the audio. The audio is coming through my PC speakers just fine, and I can hear it through my headset (plugged directly into the tower) but the audio doesn't appear to be recording along with the video. I don't think there is anything wrong with the board since I can hear the sound through my computer, so I'm 99.9% sure I'm just not doing something right. Is there a certain way I need to set it up to record the in-game sounds along with the video? Just a quick note, I tried to install the driver, but it was already installed, and my 3DS is set to stereo. I'm going to keep playing around with things a bit, but any help from more experienced users would be much appreciated. :D

CAPS

Re: Audio Working but Not Recording?

Post by CAPS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:39 am

Loopy's app does not record audio via USB (yet).

You can find several posts explaining how to record audio (via USB) using stereo mix. Just try the search function of this forum.

MopyDream44

Post by MopyDream44 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:50 pm

I actually did try the forum search feature before I posted. I didn't find any threads with the same problem as me, but you were right about the "stereo mix" option. Unfortunately, the option is either disabled or unavailable for me, so I'll be trying to fix that today.

For anyone who is experiencing the same problem as me I found the following two threads to be very helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1694
viewtopic.php?p=6853#p6853

MopyDream44

Post by MopyDream44 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:40 pm

**UPDATE**

Ok, after much poking and prodding of my computer I have established that I do NOT have a "stereo mix" option at all. My drivers are all updated, so now I'm kind of stuck. I desperately just want to record the audio and video on the same file, so I have less overall mixing to do, but I'm really not sure how to go about doing this without the "stereo mix" option. I found this link http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/ho ... ord-audio/ which has a little blurb about using the vista drivers for the sound card, but I don't feel I know enough about drivers to attempt this comfortably, and this particular link doesn't go into detail about how to accomplish that. Also, I'm not sure if using drivers from vista on windows 7 is a good idea. It just seems like so much could go wrong?

I also saw that Loopy linked to this https://github.com/rdp/screen-capture-r ... ndows-free but I'm not really sure if this would then replace Loopy's software for both video and audio? Also, won't a screen capture program be more CPU intensive? Finally, will the quality of the video degrade if I use this vs. Loopy's software since it's a screen capture program?

**Update**

Ok, so after mucking around unsuccessfully with things I decided to download the program I linked to above. That particular program is pretty confusing and I was not able to get it to capture audio from my computer using it alone. I also wasn't sure how that software worked in conjunction (if at all) with Loopy's so I decided to look for alternatives.

At that point, I discovered what looked like a very user friendly program that would record audio from your computer even without the "stereo mix" option. http://www.nowsmart.com/stereo-mix-windows-7.html I decided to try it out though it looked like I would have to sync up the audio/video during editing since I was using a separate program to create an MP3. I opened both programs to test everything out when I noticed I was getting a new option for Loopy's software under audio settings for a "virtual-audio-capturer." I selected that setting, and now everything is working like magic. Video and audio are recording beautifully on the same file (HAPPY DANCE :D ) unfortunately, I'm not actually sure which program is responsible for this, as I did not open Loopy's software after I installed the first one. I've decided to leave well enough alone and leave both of them on there since I don't even have to open the extra programs for the audio to record through Loopy's software. I'm sure I sound like a total n00b, but I figured I would put the info out there just in case someone finds it helpful.

So, no additional help required at this point in time. :D

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:19 pm

MopyDream44 wrote:I noticed I was getting a new option for Loopy's software under audio settings for a "virtual-audio-capturer." I selected that setting, and now everything is working like magic. Video and audio are recording beautifully on the same file (HAPPY DANCE :D ) unfortunately, I'm not actually sure which program is responsible for this, as I did not open Loopy's software after I installed the first one.
That "virtual-audio-capturer" is from the software you installed earlier (the github link), so you can uninstall that nowsmart software if you want.

MopyDream44

Same Problem...Different Software

Post by MopyDream44 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Hey everyone, I'm back with pretty much the same audio problem only for different software. I have long since resolved the issue I was having with the audio not recording with the video on Loopy's software, and it is still working just fine. Unfortunately, I have decided to use OBS to stream and record my Let's Plays because OBS gives me the option of using overlays, and I'm honestly not sure how to get the same look in my video editing software (if it's even possible). If you read back in this thread, I downloaded software that worked with Loopy's capture software to give me the ability to record the game audio despite my computer lacking a "stereo mix" option. Now, I'm not too sure how many people are familiar with OBS here, but I'm hoping that someone can help me record audio with the video using OBS without the use of a stereo mix. Is there mayhaps a plugin that will resolve this issue similar to the software Loopy told me to download for the 3ds capture software, or is there a setting I can fiddle with in OBS? At this point, my experience with OBS is basic. I've been fooling around with it for a few days only, and while I feel I've come a long way, I'm sure there is a lot I'm missing. So ya'll, any and all help is appreciated. I did try a forum search by the way, but I couldn't find anything that would help thus far. I shall continue to research! :)

MopyDream44

Post by MopyDream44 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:15 pm

.....and never mind lol. The was the fastest I've ever solved anything ever. :lol: I fooled around with OBS a bit more, and I figured out a setting that works for me.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Obs, add another audio capture, set by default and should work~