Getting nothing from capture software

Blaumagier

Getting nothing from capture software

Post by Blaumagier » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 am

I ordered the board as an install kit and had a friend install it. I've looked over his work and the board itself and I can't see anything wrong with it as far as bad solder joints or damage to the board are concerned. I have tried two different computers to install the drivers and run the capture software but I always get a black screen. Even in recording, it's nothing but a black screen. I've looked over other topics here and nothing so far has been the case or been of help to me.

At this point, I'm ready to ship it back to make absolutely sure its done right, if it comes down to that. But it puts me in a bit of a jam because I need this capture device preferably before the 29th but really need it before December 14.

Deleted User 288

Re: Getting nothing from capture software

Post by Deleted User 288 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:53 am

Loopy's pretty legit with the installations. When I sent my 3DS to him, the day he got it it was shipped back out to me. I think you'll probably get it back in time, unless you live internationally.

Blaumagier

Post by Blaumagier » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:22 am

Nah, I live in the states. The only reason I asked for the install kit to begin with was because it seemed like loopy was overwhelmed with orders and I was afraid he wouldn't have been able to get to it in time.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Check Device Manager, see if the driver installed ok. Try using a USB 2.0 port instead of 3.0. Try resoldering it. You said you looked at the other topics, so there's probably no more advice I can give you. If you want to send it in, that's fine. It shouldn't take more than a day to fix and send back.

Blaumagier

Post by Blaumagier » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:08 pm

According to the device manager, it installed okay and I tried it with two different computers and I only have USB 2.0 ports. Resoldering is not an option for me because I don't exactly trust the guy who did it originally to take another crack at it and it's too small for me. I think the best option is to just go ahead and send it in. I'm sorry to be a pain about it and I appreciate your work. The only reason I'm trying to get it ready so soon is so I can use it in TSG's upcoming Mario marathon in December.

Deleted User 288

Post by Deleted User 288 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:26 am

You're playing a game for TSG? Awesome! I look forward to seeing it.

Blaumagier

Post by Blaumagier » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah, I'll be playing SM3DL. Don't expect an SDA calibur run though. I haven't had long enough to practice to be on that level. But it will be pretty close.

Blaumagier

Post by Blaumagier » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm

I'm happy to report that upon receiving my 3DS back from you, it works flawlessly. Thank you so much loopy! By the way, if I may ask, what was actually wrong with it?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:01 am

Blaumagier wrote:I'm happy to report that upon receiving my 3DS back from you, it works flawlessly. Thank you so much loopy! By the way, if I may ask, what was actually wrong with it?
Bad soldering and a broken connector.