Cannot get audio to record/play at all!

MMXZero2002

Cannot get audio to record/play at all!

Post by MMXZero2002 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:21 pm

I tried connecting the included audio cable to every single audio port on the back and front of my PC, but I can't hear any audio from my 3ds. When it is plugged into the front microphone or rear Line In ports, the Recording section of the PC volume control panel shows that it is getting sound from the port, but I can't hear any sound. Also, while the ports are displayed as working properly & are showing sound being received, there is no option to make the device the default recording device. I read about selecting listen for the microphone, but I couldn't find that option for my microphone port settings. I get the video fine from the 3ds, but there is no sound coming from the 3ds at all (niether on the PC, nor from the actual 3ds system). If I take out the audio cable from the 3ds, I get sound fine, but the sound is only on the 3ds, the pc still has no 3ds sound at all. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to get it to work and I have no idea what to try next.

Thanks.

MKGirlism

Re: Cannot get audio to record/play at all!

Post by MKGirlism » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:54 pm

Check this box, to start with:
Right Click the Speaker Button, click "Recording Devices", and double-click the Line-In option.

MMXZero2002

Post by MMXZero2002 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:55 am

MKGirlism wrote:Check this box, to start with:
Right Click the Speaker Button, click "Recording Devices", and double-click the Line-In option.
How do you get to that screen? BTW, I have Windows Vista. I didn't see any section in my Sound Device control panel. The only options I have are to adjust the volume/level (up to 100) and add Enchancements. Can you please give me a step-by-step guide to getting to that section you posted in your screenshot? I'd really appreciate it. So far, I can record audio in FRAPS by selecting both audio source options and I can record the audio with the 3ds capture program (but it has very choppy video if I don't use FRAPS). However, I can't actually hear any sound at all while recording,n or do I ever hear anything when I just have the 3ds plugged into the pc. When I play the recorded video file (I think it's AVI), I hear everything fine, so I can't figure out why I can only hear sound when I play a recorded video file. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. It's really annoying to have to play the 3ds without actually hearing any sound at all.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:14 am

Read the last sentence, as I've already answered your question.
But I'll show a more n00b-proof Version.

MMXZero2002

Post by MMXZero2002 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 am

None of the mics or line-ins have a Listen tab, it's just General, Levels, and Advanced, nothing else. There isn't any option to "listen" either. I'm not sure why my pc doesn't have a Listen tab for recording devices (none of them have that tab). Is there anything else I can try?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Ok, I installed Vista to check this out, and I ran into the same problem. The audio records ok, but I can't hear it from the speakers during recording. The mic is missing from the playback mixer, so enabling / un-muting / adjusting the volume is not a solution. The "Listen to this device" checkbox is not there either. Sounds like your problem, yes?

After some searching around, I found >this<, which I think describes the problem here (the part about pass-through). It was the default Vista driver. After installing a better driver, I could enable the mic and listen to it.

Satoshi

Post by Satoshi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:18 pm

And for Windows 8 please ? :(

Satoshi

Post by Satoshi » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:31 pm

I've tried everything with Windows 8, I did there over but it does not work ... I have a single entry for the sound! give me a solution please!

I followed the diagram above and it works on windows seven but not 8 ...

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:00 pm

Have you installed drivers for you sound card, or are you using a built-in Windows driver? Try to update you driver if you can.

Satoshi

Post by Satoshi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 am

I'm using a built-in Windows driver ! I bought the computer there is not long so I use windows drivers