Cannot get audio to record/play at all!

Re: Cannot get audio to record/play at all!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Fixed it

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:13 pm

Where can I buy a noise filter.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:04 pm

Search for 3.5mm ground loop isolator. You can find them on ebay (like here). Or one of these works too, they're a little nicer.

katgrafei

Post by katgrafei » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:30 am

How did you fix it? I am having the same issue

ElpisTK31

Post by ElpisTK31 » Mon May 30, 2016 4:35 pm

Pls hlp. I got the audio working through my line in, it plays through my pc boxes, however the program itself - in audio options - says NO SOUND (and doesn't give any other options). What do I do? (I use windows 7 btw)

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:01 am

I know this is an old post but I want to add something. For the most part the audio does work for me under line in however only 1 audio signal comes through. Had the same issue with my Vita capture board im sure its not my motherboard since its RMA'ed but personally these capture boards work better with an external sound card atleast I was able to get dual audio signals with it Also enabling "Listen to playback" is not a proper solution all you are doing is causing an echo

nobu_shin_saito

Post by nobu_shin_saito » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:45 pm

Hi, When I open my capture board device, I can't hear any sound from the game on my computer. I hear the sound from my 3ds itself, but not from the capturing device. It worked on my previous computer, my new one has the same window 10 and configuration but I can't get the sound higher. It's, like, locked !

ElpisTK31

Post by ElpisTK31 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:29 pm

I'm having the same problem as the guy two replies above, DS Capture will only show (no sound) in audio settings, I even went through all the other options in the recording mixer and volume and whatnot and still nothing. Downloaded the drivers, nothing. (also on windows 7)

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 pm

I don't believe the DS capture board ever captured the audio. The 3DS capture board eventually did allow audio through USB though.

To capture audio on my laptop (which doesn't have a line-in jack), I had to get a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB Audio System with SBX SB1095, which for some reason is now more expensive than when I bought it five years ago. And even then, it was kinda tricky to get working...

In my experience you'll also need an audio splitter (I use this one) and some kind of ground loop isolator (this one is probably fine).

ElpisTK31

Post by ElpisTK31 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Then why in the lord Odin's name, does it have audio settings? I'm not going to buy all those additional things when this item should have provided it, it seems easier to dual record it (stream + ds capture) and then just copy the sound onto the video file. Well anyways, Thanks for your help.