I am not a Katsukity repair service

LVNeptune

Re: I am not a Katsukity repair service

Post by LVNeptune » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:45 pm

^ agreed. Waiting on the n3ds xl board now :P

solidplasma

Post by solidplasma » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:27 am

I feel this could count as an appropriate place to post this. If we bought a board from you would you be willing to repair it? I bought mine a couple of years back, and I also have the most common issue, in that the USB connector has, well, in this case, completely fallen off the circuit board. I was planning on streaming tonight, so I tried to fix it myself with superglue (Obviously I tried to avoid getting glue on the contacts), but I'm worried anything else I do might make it worse.

EDIT: To clarify, I did buy my board here, not from Katsukity.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:09 am

solidplasma wrote:I feel this could count as an appropriate place to post this. If we bought a board from you would you be willing to repair it? I bought mine a couple of years back, and I also have the most common issue, in that the USB connector has, well, in this case, completely fallen off the circuit board. I was planning on streaming tonight, so I tried to fix it myself with superglue (Obviously I tried to avoid getting glue on the contacts), but I'm worried anything else I do might make it worse.

EDIT: To clarify, I did buy my board here, not from Katsukity.
Fixed. It'll ship out today.

FreeSpirit87

Post by FreeSpirit87 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:27 am

Question: I have bought my capture card through Merki, now the mini usb port i have on mine is loose ( i can litterally remove it), I have contacted merki about this and am awaiting their reply, thouhg I am also extending my horizon when it comes to repairing it or replacing it. Do you fix these? Offcourse id be interested in ur prize ratios if so.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:44 am

When did you contact me? 2 hours ago? I replied already - people are ....

NagahBlakks

Post by NagahBlakks » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:11 am

loopy wrote:Well, crap components are easier to damage easily :P
I've seen katsukity saying elsewhere that his boards are hand assembled (which is bonkers IMO), so there's that...

Fixing it is a fairly simple procedure. I've had my own share of repairs to do ... shit breaks, I understand. I don't mean to badmouth him, I'm just tired of having his problems pushed onto me.
i got my CC from Katsu... i was gonna get one for u but one a my friends literally got the final one from u when i was about to send mines to ya/wait for u to start doin XL... i really wanted one for you but took a while to save up the money...Katsu Dont really reply to People fast it took a good 7 months to get the N3DS CC from him also is Merki As reliable as u cuz i really want one...Since Katsu Is Kinda messin up in the same problem u are talkin about and how much would it cost if u was gonna fix one

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:52 pm

It depend's at what point Katsukity messes up, I do not sell his parts, so I can fix only broken things like USB-Port...
And even this is Mini-USB we do not use, but I then special order for the customer.... The costs are mostly 45-55 EUR...
Regards
Stefan

TheChainTV

Post by TheChainTV » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:40 am

Hi Loopy I bought ur card 3 years ago and it went perfectly fine till today.. the USB Port broke off, I want to know if you can repair it I appriciate it if you can fix it ^^

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:04 am

TheChainTV wrote:Hi Loopy I bought ur card 3 years ago and it went perfectly fine till today.. the USB Port broke off, I want to know if you can repair it I appriciate it if you can fix it ^^
Not sure how often Loopy checks the forums - have you already emailed him?

TheChainTV

Post by TheChainTV » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:22 am

I Forgot hes Email Address long ago whats it called?