OBS Recording with orginal DS Cap Card

SuperSniv495

OBS Recording with orginal DS Cap Card

Post by SuperSniv495 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:06 pm

So I have been trying to record with the Capture Card I reviced today with OBS, But when I try to get the Top screen which is what I need I only see a black screen when I preview, This is also the Phat DS, Not the 3DS. So if anyone knows how to fix this please help xD

TheBattleProductions

Re: OBS Recording with orginal DS Cap Card

Post by TheBattleProductions » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:48 pm

You have to install a plug in onto OBS. I had to do that with Loopy's 3DS Capture Board. Not too sure if there is one for his DS board. I would do some looking around for an OBS plug in for the original DS. You could try the 3DS plugin. It might still work. Both programs are pretty similar in design I would think.

Link to plugin:
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/3d ... ted.12621/

To install the plugin, I would look at a tutorial on YouTube.

SuperSniv495

Post by SuperSniv495 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:02 pm

It says it needs a different way to open the files, I Don't know what to use because it wants me to go onto the app store on Windows

TheBattleProductions

Post by TheBattleProductions » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:03 am

SuperSniv495 wrote:It says it needs a different way to open the files, I Don't know what to use because it wants me to go onto the app store on Windows

You have to manually install it into a plugin folder in the OBS program folder. There isn't a tutorial on YouTube that is specifically for putting the plugin into OBS, but tutorials can help you get the big idea.

I think you need the CLR Browser Plugin as well with the capture plugin:
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/ ... plugin.22/

Here is one you can try watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8gpAwimvcg

TheBattleProductions

Post by TheBattleProductions » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:11 am

SuperSniv495 wrote:It says it needs a different way to open the files, I Don't know what to use because it wants me to go onto the app store on Windows

I have just tried using my DS Capture Board with the 3DS Capture plugin and it doesn't work. Something is different between the capture devices that it is not compatible. I looked to see if there was one in development, and there wasn't. I would suggest using an emulator for DS/GBA games or get a 3DS capture for capturing DS games when they come back in stock.

SuperSniv495

Post by SuperSniv495 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:11 am

:? I want to try streaming GBA games so I got a Capture Card because I don't want or like using Emulators. I'll see if anyone else post or has any other tips for me

TheBattleProductions

Post by TheBattleProductions » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:03 am

SuperSniv495 wrote::? I want to try streaming GBA games so I got a Capture Card because I don't want or like using Emulators. I'll see if anyone else post or has any other tips for me
If you have it, you could use the gamecube to record the gameboy gameplay. With the adapter you can get from it, you can play any games from gb to gba. It just depends on if you have a capture device for consoles if you do have the accessory.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:39 pm

It seems ridiculous to tell someone who has a DS capture card installed to use an emulator instead. They had the card installed for a reason ;)

You shouldn't need a plugin - the plugin suggested was for the 3DS capture program, not the DS capture program for the phat DS.

I didn't have to do anything special for OBS to work with my DS capture card.

Did you install the drivers and such as listed on this page?
http://3dscapture.com/ds/faq.html

You should have the DS plugged in while you install the drivers (drivers are not needed for Win 8).

TheBattleProductions

Post by TheBattleProductions » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:08 pm

desocietas wrote:It seems ridiculous to tell someone who has a DS capture card installed to use an emulator instead. They had the card installed for a reason ;)

You shouldn't need a plugin - the plugin suggested was for the 3DS capture program, not the DS capture program for the phat DS.

I didn't have to do anything special for OBS to work with my DS capture card.

Did you install the drivers and such as listed on this page?
http://3dscapture.com/ds/faq.html

You should have the DS plugged in while you install the drivers (drivers are not needed for Win 8).
Whenever I try with a window capture, it shows the DS screen, but it is a still frame and nothing else. That is the same way with the 3DS program when you try to window capture in OBS. I just thought maybe it might work since they might be similar. I even tried re-installing drivers to see if it helped, and it doesn't. How are you getting it to work on your computer?

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:20 pm

TheBattleProductions wrote: Whenever I try with a window capture, it shows the DS screen, but it is a still frame and nothing else. That is the same way with the 3DS program when you try to window capture in OBS. I just thought maybe it might work since they might be similar. I even tried re-installing drivers to see if it helped, and it doesn't. How are you getting it to work on your computer?
Hm, does it still do that when you switch between the GBA, one screen, and split screen view?
Are you using DS capture software (just want to make sure you're not accidentally using the 3DS capture software)? There is a separate program for DS capture.
Does everything show up when you're not using OBS? Everything should show up in the DS capture program whether or not OBS is open.