OBS Recording with orginal DS Cap Card

TheBattleProductions

Re: OBS Recording with orginal DS Cap Card

Post by TheBattleProductions » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:58 pm

desocietas wrote:
TheBattleProductions wrote: Whenever I try with a window capture, it shows the DS screen, but it is a still frame and nothing else. That is the same way with the 3DS program when you try to window capture in OBS. I just thought maybe it might work since they might be similar. I even tried re-installing drivers to see if it helped, and it doesn't. How are you getting it to work on your computer?
Hm, does it still do that when you switch between the GBA, one screen, and split screen view?
Are you using DS capture software (just want to make sure you're not accidentally using the 3DS capture software)? There is a separate program for DS capture.
Does everything show up when you're not using OBS? Everything should show up in the DS capture program whether or not OBS is open.
Oh yeah I am using the DS capture software. It works fine on there. However, if I go to OBS and window capture, the preview is a still frame. The software for the DS still runs fine, but not window capture friendly. Any other software that captures the ds screen works great. Just not OBS. I use FRAPS to record regular footage.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:25 pm

TheBattleProductions wrote: Oh yeah I am using the DS capture software. It works fine on there. However, if I go to OBS and window capture, the preview is a still frame. The software for the DS still runs fine, but not window capture friendly. Any other software that captures the ds screen works great. Just not OBS. I use FRAPS to record regular footage.
Hm, that's interesting. So it's running into some conflict with OBS.

I'm not at my streaming computer at the moment, but I will usually add DS Capture as a window capture, and it shows up like it should. If anything, you'd need to add both windows separately if you have it set up to be a split window view.

Are your sources hidden under under anything else? Sometimes the layering order in OBS will hide things. You said it's just a still frame - does that mean it's just a still image of what should be there (like a frozen game image) or is it black or nothing appears at all (clear) with the red window around what should be there?

I can take another look at how I add everything (and try to take some screenshots for you) when I get home to my streaming rig.

SuperSniv495

Post by SuperSniv495 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:38 pm

Yeah I cant find anything, Window capture is the closest I can get to anything, but its a super small screen and has the white half, And I don't know how to split screen. If you can send pictures of what you did, that might help me a bit more

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 pm

SuperSniv495 wrote:Yeah I cant find anything, Window capture is the closest I can get to anything, but its a super small screen and has the white half, And I don't know how to split screen. If you can send pictures of what you did, that might help me a bit more
Hm, odd. Ok, check back later tonight - hopefully I'll have something up for you then!

SuperSniv495

Post by SuperSniv495 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Thank chu :mrgreen:

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:45 am

I created an imgur album for you of the process:

http://imgur.com/a/KRxN3#0

You might already be doing all the things indicated. If anything, do not minimize any of the DS Capture screens while you're in OBS. Any minimized windows will just display a frozen image.

I hope that helps... If not, maybe you can share a screenshot of what you're looking at?

SuperSniv495

Post by SuperSniv495 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:18 am

Olright, I messed with it a tad but it shows the record button and such, I just did it once real quick, have to run out real quick :P

SuperSniv495

Post by SuperSniv495 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:18 am

I think I found it out, Its just the sound I need now xD

SuperSniv495

Post by SuperSniv495 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:46 am

Figured everything out :D Thank you so much. Now I just need to look for sound :P If I don't respond saying I figured it out just tell me here xD Im going to look on previous post

TheBattleProductions

Post by TheBattleProductions » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:33 pm

desocietas wrote:
TheBattleProductions wrote: Oh yeah I am using the DS capture software. It works fine on there. However, if I go to OBS and window capture, the preview is a still frame. The software for the DS still runs fine, but not window capture friendly. Any other software that captures the ds screen works great. Just not OBS. I use FRAPS to record regular footage.
Hm, that's interesting. So it's running into some conflict with OBS.

I'm not at my streaming computer at the moment, but I will usually add DS Capture as a window capture, and it shows up like it should. If anything, you'd need to add both windows separately if you have it set up to be a split window view.

Are your sources hidden under under anything else? Sometimes the layering order in OBS will hide things. You said it's just a still frame - does that mean it's just a still image of what should be there (like a frozen game image) or is it black or nothing appears at all (clear) with the red window around what should be there?

I can take another look at how I add everything (and try to take some screenshots for you) when I get home to my streaming rig.
Here is a screenshot. I used your instructions on making a Global Device. If you look closely, the clock on OBS is way behind because the screen stayed as a still frame. http://prntscr.com/7yfqvu

This is with the GBA Capture, not the DS Capture.