3DS won't turn on/Popping Noise

Descartes

3DS won't turn on/Popping Noise

Post by Descartes » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:15 pm

Hey, I've had my 3DS Capture Card for about a year now, and it's been great for a multitude of reasons. But today while I was playing Smash Bros the 3DS just shut down. When I tried to turn it on, the light turned on, but the screen didn't, then there was a popping noise and it turned off. Later I found out that if I kept it below 90 degrees it'd turn on, but if I nudged it further it'd turn off. What should I do?

José Azevedo

Re: 3DS won't turn on/Popping Noise

Post by José Azevedo » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:58 am

Two things can cause this.

1- Wi-fi board is ruined, sometimes only jiggling the black cable that connects this board to the motherboard fixes this problem.

2- Ribbon cable that connects the top screen to the motherboard on the lower part is getting destroyed by the console bending and it shuts off.

I've had the second case happen to me with my sky blue 3DS, I fixed it by putting glue tape on the ribbon in a position that the console top screen bending would no longer interfere with the ribbon cable.

There are some tutorials on this on the web, but there are certain tools ur gonna need.

Good luck, I know how much this sucks =/.

loopy
Site Admin

Re: 3DS won't turn on/Popping Noise

Post by loopy » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:32 pm

Descartes wrote:Later I found out that if I kept it below 90 degrees it'd turn on, but if I nudged it further it'd turn off. What should I do?
José Azevedo wrote:2- Ribbon cable that connects the top screen to the motherboard on the lower part is getting destroyed by the console bending and it shuts off.
If opening the 3DS makes it turn off, I'd say it's #2 (loose / damaged screen cable).