What would cause this weird audio thing?

MidwayCJ

What would cause this weird audio thing?

Post by MidwayCJ » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:43 pm

So I got a new PC to do my videos on instead of my laptop, and while going through the everything to try to make audio work. Unlike my laptop simply switching to Stereo Mix wasn't working, so I updated my audio driver.

It worked, but then I had to restart my PC again for something else, and when I did, it didn't work anymore. It also unselected stereo mix because on the reboot it hide itself again, but after re-enabling it again it's continued to be there as I restarted to fix other problems.

In fact for the first time, going through all the trouble shooting, none of it worked and it looks like I'll just have to capture the video and/or sound with Bandicam or something, but I thought it was really weird that it worked and then it stopped working. I tried to update the driver again thinking maybe something went wrong but it said it was up to date just as everything else is.

Anyone else get that and know what caused it? I'm fine with recording it with something else (maybe OBS will work on this computer since it's not a laptop) but it working with 3DScapture would be best. Either way it'd be nice to know it happened to someone else and I'm not just going crazy (well, crazier).

Sphizix

Re: What would cause this weird audio thing?

Post by Sphizix » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:31 am

I struggled with this all day after I factory reset my PC and wiped everything with a fresh copy of Windows 10 which I'm assuming your new PC came with. Loopy's troubleshooting link for DirectX runtimes redirects you to an annoying "Download Windows 10" page (Probably because it has not been updated for a while.) Anyways I managed to find this one and after installing it I managed to fix that issue "DirectX Download" Loopy if you see this you should update that link.