Audio Issue that installing DirectX runtime doesn't fix

amoeba

Audio Issue that installing DirectX runtime doesn't fix

Post by amoeba » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:30 pm

So I've been using the 3dscapture software fine for over a year on Windows 7. I recently "upgraded" to windows 10, and have an odd issue with what I presume is the audio, though it affects recording too. My only options in the audio settings are "XsplitBroadcaster" or "(no sound)". Now I uninstalled xsplit broadcaster before I upgraded to Windows 10, and the capture software worked just fine after it was uninstalled, however I now can't get the 3ds audio to play through, and for some reason have xsplitbroadcaster as an option in audio despite not having that program on my computer any more.
Also, trying to record with the xsplitbroadcaster option selected results in "recording stopped" appearing immediately, and no video file being created, but I guess that's because the program can't actually find anything for "xsplitbroadcaster".

Any help is appreciated~

EDIT: Problem sorted, not sure why but selecting "(no sound)" gives me sound. Didn't realise because I wasn't listening through headphones, just presumed that it wasn't playing any sound.