Footage from 3DS Capture only imports the first 3 minutes

Fawfulthegreat64

Footage from 3DS Capture only imports the first 3 minutes

Post by Fawfulthegreat64 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:17 am

In Premiere, when I import my 30 minute long recording, only the first 3 minutes gets imported, and then the video just ends. It will fully play in Windows Media Player.

I had a similar problem a year ago when I first got the capture card, but since I wasn't planning any LPs I did not really care. Now I do care, so can someone help? Thanks.

LVNeptune

Re: Footage from 3DS Capture only imports the first 3 minute

Post by LVNeptune » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:02 pm

I would recommend just using OBS to do the recording and import that instead of using the built-in software.

Fawfulthegreat64

Post by Fawfulthegreat64 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:03 am

I would, but I can't get the OBS plugin to work. The x64 and x86 folders have the exact same files, and they're for different "bits." One of them is for 64 bit and one is for 32 bit. (I don't mean in different folders, I mean in the same folder. And the other folder has the same exact combination of files) And whenever I add the plugin to the right version of OBS, either it tells me something is missing from my computer (which is right there in the folder) or the plugin simply does not show up.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:36 am

Wait...what plugin? You just configure OBS to use the two 3DS Capture Screens.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:58 am

Fawfulthegreat64 wrote:I would, but I can't get the OBS plugin to work. The x64 and x86 folders have the exact same files, and they're for different "bits." One of them is for 64 bit and one is for 32 bit. (I don't mean in different folders, I mean in the same folder. And the other folder has the same exact combination of files) And whenever I add the plugin to the right version of OBS, either it tells me something is missing from my computer (which is right there in the folder) or the plugin simply does not show up.
Have you put the OBS plugin in the CLR.... named directory in plugins?

Fawfulthegreat64

Post by Fawfulthegreat64 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:59 am

OK, I put the plugin in that folder and now it shows up... but won't display the 3DS screen.

This is what happens. Just a black screen. Loopy's program is running, and the 3DS is open. I've also tried it with the program not running.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:02 am

Fawfulthegreat64 wrote:OK, I put the plugin in that folder and now it shows up... but won't display the 3DS screen.

This is what happens. Just a black screen. Loopy's program is running, and the 3DS is open. I've also tried it with the program not running.

So it stays a black screen? could you try unplugging the 3ds capture card usb and closing obs then replug it also make sure you can view it in the 3dsview.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 am

Sorry to double post but I got my capture card yesterday and it's an issue with the 3ds plugin from OBS use window captures prefferable as the plugin is not working properly.

2 lazy 2 look 4 pass

Post by 2 lazy 2 look 4 pass » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Fawfulthegreat64 wrote:In Premiere, when I import my 30 minute long recording, only the first 3 minutes gets imported, and then the video just ends. It will fully play in Windows Media Player.

I had a similar problem a year ago when I first got the capture card, but since I wasn't planning any LPs I did not really care. Now I do care, so can someone help? Thanks.
I just started trying to use Premiere to do the same the other day, however I've found that for whatever reason it is only doing that for some videos I tried putting in 9 different clips and 6 of them imported to full length and the other 3 were shortened i don't know why it does it though I was thinking maybe something to do with the Codec being used to encode the video with but it still doesn't explain why it only happens some of the time

Fawfulthegreat64

Post by Fawfulthegreat64 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:49 pm

I just recorded the first episode of my Paper Jam LP using OBS monitor capture and 3DS capture software at full screen. Not only did the resulting recording lag, it also recorded the obnoxious system notification popups that appeared twice smack in the middle of my gameplay.