XSplit not detecting my capture card.

Gearhart

Re: XSplit not detecting my capture card.

Post by Gearhart » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:52 am

Unfortunately yes. I think I'm in a vicious circle right now.
My mascot's avatar is too big of a file size to use. Oh well.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:55 am

Gearhart wrote:Unfortunately yes. I think I'm in a vicious circle right now.
Can you check if you are able to do it in OBS? since the issue is probably with xsplit.

Gearhart

Post by Gearhart » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:02 am

PascalH wrote:
Can you check if you are able to do it in OBS? since the issue is probably with xsplit.
It's not xsplit, it occurs in ffsplit as well. (when I load the window into ffsplit it brings it up but it's still frozen)

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:08 am

Gearhart wrote:
PascalH wrote:
It's not xsplit, it occurs in ffsplit as well. (when I load the window into ffsplit it brings it up but it's still frozen)
Well the problem here is if the program (3dsview) actually shows it correctly then it's no issue with the capture card or drivers of it either.
What do you can do for now is instead of using the capture card, video devices menu to try and capture the program's output? But I don't know if that option is in xsplit as well?

Gearhart

Post by Gearhart » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:10 am

The capture software records it just fine. It's just when it get's used in a different program what shows up is a frozen screen or it doesn't properly appear as an option.

Do you think this has anything to do with running 64 bit windows 8?

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:12 am

Gearhart wrote:The capture software records it just fine. It's just when it get's used in a different program what shows up is a frozen screen or it doesn't properly appear as an option.

Wait you are running windows 8 and not 8.1? if so I do suggest to upgrade asap or go for the free windows 10 upgrade.

Gearhart

Post by Gearhart » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:23 pm

PascalH wrote:
Gearhart wrote:The capture software records it just fine. It's just when it get's used in a different program what shows up is a frozen screen or it doesn't properly appear as an option.

Wait you are running windows 8 and not 8.1? if so I do suggest to upgrade asap or go for the free windows 10 upgrade.

PascalH

Post by PascalH » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:02 am

Gearhart wrote:
PascalH wrote:

No it shouldn't have anything to do with running x64 windows 8.1. I suggest you contact xsplit about it. Maybe try it in OBS as well as I think it should work there so you can mention that to xsplit support.