Weird input bug w/ Controller Mod

undedz

Weird input bug w/ Controller Mod

Post by undedz » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:28 am

Not sure whether to post this here or in the controller mod section but here goes:

A few months ago I paid one of the guys in the controller mod section to install one in my 3ds, which he did. However, the problem is that ever since I sent it there has been some issue with it, and I would send it back for repairs and then something else would be wrong when I got it back, so I finally said screw it and put it away. Well, now I kinda wanna use my 3ds, but every time I try to play anything, I can't because whenever I go to press either the L button or right on the circle pad, both of those inputs will activate (i.e. if I hold the L button, it will act as if I am holding L and circle pad right, same is true if I hold circle pad right). Normally I wouldn't be posting without trying to fix it first, however, this is way out of my skill range, I don't have the equipment needed to do it, and there's both a controller mod and a capture board inside which I don't wanna mess up, so I'm kinda stuck. I'm just wondering if there's a way I can send it in and/or get a more in-depth understanding of what's going on (to see if I can get inside and fix it if its a super simple fix.)

Thanks for help

Tecd0c

Re: Weird input bug w/ Controller Mod

Post by Tecd0c » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:24 am

I can only recommend you to send it back for repair, to the guy you got it from.
It is not an easy install even if you got the equipment to do it...
I have done about 50 of them and I can only tell you, that there are several points that are critical.
Let him fix it for you or even do the complete install over again. You paid for it already!

undedz

Post by undedz » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:57 am

Tecd0c wrote:I can only recommend you to send it back for repair, to the guy you got it from.
It is not an easy install even if you got the equipment to do it...
I have done about 50 of them and I can only tell you, that there are several points that are critical.
Let him fix it for you or even do the complete install over again. You paid for it already!
I guess I'll have to figure something else out then, since his site specifically says 90 day warranty, and its been more than 90 days. I was just wondering if there was another way since I sent it back twice and each time I got it back there was another issue. Oh well, thanks for responding though!

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:45 am

I made a Video of my installation of a 3DS Capture Card with 3DS Controller Mod, but I will upload it next month, when I Start over my Website and Youtube channel :)

But on your issue it's hard to say where the mistake is, it could be wrong cables for the Installation (too thick, wrong isolation type), it could be soldering at the chip, or board...

Mostly the problem is the space inside this regular 3DS. During the first 2-3 installations I changed the cut-out's of the plastic Shell couple of times untill it worked every time ...

You culd start with taking away the backplate with the Capture Card and bottom shell and see if the problem disapear, It does not have to be the soldering :)

By the way, here in Europe we are (Dealers) forced to give 2 Years warranty to the endcustomers on all things we sell.
Merry Christmas to you all!