Capture board software recording issue

323starlight

Capture board software recording issue

Post by 323starlight » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Previously for my youtube playthroughs, I would use a screen capture program to capture the game's footage, though the method I used was kind of a hassle. Recently I've been trying to use the software for the capture board to capture the gameplay. I decided this after a recommendation from one of my favorite youtubers. (That youtuber being Chuggaaconroy) But heres where the issue comes in.

Upon hitting the record button, gameplay starts, then suddenly stops recording. The AVI file is saved but when I try to play the footage, an error pops up preventing from viewing the footage. I tried switching from split windoww view to single window view and tried several different video and audio settings but the problem keeps happening. Every time I hit that record button, it stops recording almost as soon as it starts. Does anyone know what the problem is and how I should fix it?

On another note, (assuming I can get the software to record correctly) Will having it record in split view (where the top and bottom screens are separated) make is so the footage from the top and bottom screens save in separate video files? What I mean is, will there be a video file with only the top screen footage and a video file with only the bottom screen footage?

323starlight

Re: Capture board software recording issue

Post by 323starlight » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:13 pm

Seriously? Theres no one who can help?

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:16 pm

I only work with regular DS capture atm... Are the issues with 3DS capture?

lokistarwind

Post by lokistarwind » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:17 am

You are gonna need to explain your setup in more detail. What software are you using? What are the specs on your laptop? I mean it could be a lot of things and there are a few ideas to work around this.

If you are able to stream through your computer but not record, then it might be that your computer can't handle it. Keep in mind that it records at 60 FPS which requires a fairly recent computer.

One way to reduce strain on your computer is to screen cap the window and use the main software to stream it.