Original DS Captures Only One Side of Stereo Audio

Eccentrigamer

Original DS Captures Only One Side of Stereo Audio

Post by Eccentrigamer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:58 am

I have recently purchased an original DS capture card, and I bought a dual-male 3.5mm stereo audio cable so that I could record audio. However, it doesn't want to seem to be picked up in anything except my microphone jack. However, it only captures one ear side of the stereo audio, making some games sounds really weird not hearing the other ear. Is there any way to fix this, like perhaps getting a mono 3.5mm audio cable or finding a workaround to let it be picked up by Stereo Mixer? I'm kind of at a loss here. I assumed there would be a more simple way to do this, seeing as using a cable was listed as the way to record audio. For reference, I am using a USB headset, though I have tried unplugging that and it didn't seem to really help when I plugged the audio jack into the line-in. Would an audio splitter for line-in help this issue possibly?

CapCalm

Re: Original DS Captures Only One Side of Stereo Audio

Post by CapCalm » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:10 am

Hiya, a couple things you should try checking first to be sure of the problem:

Does a pair of headphones have proper sound coming out of both ears in the DS?
If so,
Is the 3.55 mm cable seated fully in the DS headphone jack? There's a bit of an overhang from the colored portion of the DS which tends to give trouble here. I usually file down just enough of the cable cover to fit.

Also, using the microphone jack isn't the best unless there's no other option. I know you've already tried, but if there's a blue line-in jack on your computer, that's the one you want to use. (It might just have an arrow pointing IN at some circles instead.) It might take going into your sound card's options to ensure that it's working once you've plugged it in.

If you must use the microphone jack, well, being in mono is potentially one of the issues. Another issue could be the sound being overblown because many cards will boost the audio coming through there. That said, some of these options can be configured through your sound card's options. Often there's a little symbol for it in your task bar on the right (sometimes hidden under the arrow.) It varies from computer to computer.

Hope you can get it working!