3DS Capture Board connector problems

DestinyDecade

3DS Capture Board connector problems

Post by DestinyDecade » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:21 pm

Hello. I'm known as DestinyDecade and I have had a 3ds capture board for almost 4 years. I've got mine from Loopy and over the past few days, my capture board has been having connection problems. I have it connected as we speak and whenever I record something like a video, at times it disconnects. I've looked at the troubleshooting FAQ and turns out that the USB connector for the capture board is wearing out. It's given me some issues and I'm willing to send my 3DS in to have it repaired.

I have sent Loopy an e-mail and I'm hoping he responds to it when he can. It would really help since I'm currently using the 3DS I have to do playthroughs of games such as Fire Emblem Fates, Hyrule Warriors Legends and Project X Zone 2. Yeah, and at a bad time of all days.

That's pretty much it since yeah, I tried using different cables and it turned out to the be the USB connector that is the issue. Hope to hear from him.

Tecd0c

Re: 3DS Capture Board connector problems

Post by Tecd0c » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:08 am

Here you got some infos about USB-port repairs from the European site! The prices apply only for services in Europe. Neal is having different prices...

http://www.konsolenpunkt.de/forum/viewt ... 1438#p1438

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Tecd0c wrote:Here you got some infos about USB-port repairs from the European site! The prices apply only for services in Europe. Neal is having different prices...

45 for that in Europe? No thanks. I bought my capture device from Loopy. Loopy doesn't charge for repairs according to the Troubleshooting/FAQ.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 pm

DestinyDecade wrote:
Tecd0c wrote:Here you got some infos about USB-port repairs from the European site! The prices apply only for services in Europe. Neal is having different prices...

45 for that in Europe? No thanks. I bought my capture device from Loopy. Loopy doesn't charge for repairs according to the Troubleshooting/FAQ.
Read it one more time - if something is wrong with the Capture Card it says!
If you mess up, then you pay for! This is everywhere also in US!

I do not get the worn out/messed up Capture Cards replaced by Loopy either!
Everything I'm responsible for I take care of and do repairs for free as well. But the USB is 99.9% how you use it...
So good luck!

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:55 pm

Tecd0c wrote:
DestinyDecade wrote:

Read it one more time - if something is wrong with the Capture Card it says!
If you mess up, then you pay for! This is everywhere also in US!

I do not get the worn out/messed up Capture Cards replaced by Loopy either!
Everything I'm responsible for I take care of and do repairs for free as well. But the USB is 99.9% how you use it...
So good luck!
I read it. I have been taking care of my 3DS with capture board for almost 4 years. And I've had these issues recently and it only affects the Micro USB bit. It's still intact but it's experiencing the common issues. If I have to pay, I'll pay. I just need at least some input from Loopy himself.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:06 pm

This is ok, nobody said it is wrong to have him look at it, but people should not expect everything for free!

But, from your post your intention seems to be differnt :
No thanks. I bought my capture device from Loopy. Loopy doesn't charge for repairs

If you read the European explaination there was this:
The load, which must withstand microUSB jack/solder connection is standardized. The entire Capture board we let produce from machines in a chip factory.
To give you a few numbers, from our last 1400 Capture Cards there are only less than 10 devices that customers complained about the USB-port!
In this numbers are also included such repair requests, where e.g. the dog / younger siblings have pulled the cord and the 3DS has flown off the table...
I think this gives you an good idea about it ;) And a totaly different story about Katsukity, I got contacted by so many of their customers...

DestinyDecade

Post by DestinyDecade » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Tecd0c wrote:This is ok, nobody said it is wrong to have him look at it, but people should not expect everything for free!

But, from your post your intention seems to be differnt :
No thanks. I bought my capture device from Loopy. Loopy doesn't charge for repairs

If you read the European explaination there was this:
The load, which must withstand microUSB jack/solder connection is standardized. The entire Capture board we let produce from machines in a chip factory.
To give you a few numbers, from our last 1400 Capture Cards there are only less than 10 devices that customers complained about the USB-port!
In this numbers are also included such repair requests, where e.g. the dog / younger siblings have pulled the cord and the 3DS has flown off the table...
I think this gives you an good idea about it ;) And a totaly different story about Katsukity, I got contacted by so many of their customers...
I got my capture board from Loopy and I read all the stuff regarding Katsukity.

Originally I said that because according to the troubleshooting/FAQ, it said this.
Is there a warranty? What if it breaks?
I don't charge for repairs. If there is anything wrong with the capture board, you can always send it back to get it fixed.[/quote]

I had no idea that out of 1400 capture boards, less than 10 complained about the USB port. Wow. O.o