60 fps Recording Help

Diuky

60 fps Recording Help

Post by Diuky » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:32 pm

I have been trying to start recording my 3DS videos in 60 fps. I am able to record in full 60 fps just fine if I record just one screen, but if I try to record both screens at once suddenly it drops by about 10-15 frames per second. I have tried this with several different games and it seems like busier games like Mario Kart drops more frames than something from the virtual console.

Specs:
AMD Quad-Core A6-3620 Accelerated Processor
8 GB DDR3 System Memory
AMD Radeon HD 6530D Integrated Graphics

I also have closed all other programs before trying to record. Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Nyaako

Re: 60 fps Recording Help

Post by Nyaako » Sun May 01, 2016 12:01 am

Diuky wrote:I have been trying to start recording my 3DS videos in 60 fps. I am able to record in full 60 fps just fine if I record just one screen, but if I try to record both screens at once suddenly it drops by about 10-15 frames per second. I have tried this with several different games and it seems like busier games like Mario Kart drops more frames than something from the virtual console.

Specs:
8 GB DDR3 System Memory

I also have closed all other programs before trying to record. Any solutions would be much appreciated.
What are you using to record? In my opinion, you should use OBS to record 3DS stuff.

And another problem may also be that you're using an integrated graphics card.

Diuky

Post by Diuky » Sun May 01, 2016 3:26 pm

Nyaako wrote:
Diuky wrote:I have been trying to start recording my 3DS videos in 60 fps. I am able to record in full 60 fps just fine if I record just one screen, but if I try to record both screens at once suddenly it drops by about 10-15 frames per second. I have tried this with several different games and it seems like busier games like Mario Kart drops more frames than something from the virtual console.

Specs:
8 GB DDR3 System Memory

What are you using to record? In my opinion, you should use OBS to record 3DS stuff.

I've been using the 3DS Capture software from the main website. I tried playing around with OBS though and it seems to be doing the job rather nicely. I still need to play with it a bit more to try and get a better quality picture though.

My graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce 650.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Sun May 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Diuky wrote:
Nyaako wrote:

Specs:
8 GB DDR3 System Memory

I've been using the 3DS Capture software from the main website. I tried playing around with OBS though and it seems to be doing the job rather nicely. I still need to play with it a bit more to try and get a better quality picture though.

My graphics card is the NVIDIA GeForce 650.
Yeah, OBS does needs some messing around, but you don't need to have Ultra HD quality if you upload videos on YouTube. I mean, YouTube's video compression sucks, so it doesn't really matter too much.

Greenalink

Post by Greenalink » Tue May 03, 2016 10:19 am

What codec are you using? Lagarith Lossless is a good codec to use for recording 3DS videos at 60fps.
Have you tried setting 3DS Capture to high priority?
I used to have a GTX 550ti for nearly 5 years and I had no problems recording both 3DS screens at 60fps.