Add automatic reconnecting in software?

ParadoxKarl

Add automatic reconnecting in software?

Post by ParadoxKarl » Mon May 30, 2016 1:02 pm

Would it be possible to make the dscapture software automatically attempt to reconnect if it disconnects? My capture card disconnects fairly frequently (probably just from me being rough with it over the years), and to make it work again I have to unplug it and plug it back in again. This gets pretty inconvenient when doing speedruns. Or even if you don't have the time to spend on it loopy, is the source code available publicly somewhere so I could attempt adding this myself?

Tecd0c

Re: Add automatic reconnecting in software?

Post by Tecd0c » Mon May 30, 2016 1:14 pm

Better ask Loopy for a repair, as in this condition it will not last longer...

ParadoxKarl

Post by ParadoxKarl » Mon May 30, 2016 1:22 pm

Tecd0c wrote:Better ask Loopy for a repair, as in this condition it will not last longer...
I have had this thing for years, so I doubt it would get repaired/replaced. The game I speedrun is actually out on Wii-U VC now, so its not actually a big deal as I can just run on there. It's been like this for a little while now, and not really gotten worse. Its just a pain to deal with. If it automatically reconnected that would be more than fine for me.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Mon May 30, 2016 3:40 pm

The reason why I recomend you to contact Neal (Loopy) for a repair, is that it still works.
Which is a good sign that the taces/pads are still intact and the USB-Port is replaceable. This is at least repairable by just replacing the USB-Port.
If it totaly rips off, then most of the time the pads get scratched off as well and then you only can get a complete replacement of the complete board.
See here
http://www.konsolenpunkt.de/forum/viewt ... 93#english

this is how they get repaired if possible :)

ParadoxKarl

Post by ParadoxKarl » Mon May 30, 2016 3:50 pm

Tecd0c wrote:The reason why I recomend you to contact Neal (Loopy) for a repair, is that it still works.
Which is a good sign that the taces/pads are still intact and the USB-Port is replaceable. This is at least repairable by just replacing the USB-Port.
If it totaly rips off, then most of the time the pads get scratched off as well and then you only can get a complete replacement of the complete board.
See here
http://www.konsolenpunkt.de/forum/viewt ... 93#english

this is how they get repaired if possible :)
Ah, it was probably worth mentioning that I have the original DS capture card, not the 3DS one. Not really worth anywhere near as much, so getting it repaired probably isn't even worth while (once you consider shipping costs, import fees etc etc).