Cord suddenly not working?

Joeypals

Cord suddenly not working?

Post by Joeypals » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:57 am

Before I start the main message, let me list what I have already tried:

-Two cords
-Two different USB ports
-Different USB systems in said ports (i.e. mouse)

And now the main message.

OK, so I got the capture card a couple of months ago and for the time that it was working it went fantastically. I was able to stream on Twitch and record footage for YouTube, and it was all-in-all fantastic for me. However, very recently I tried plugging in my usual cord (the one that came with the capture card) and all the sudden it is saying that the USB cord is not recognizable. My first thought was "OK... lemme restart my laptop. Maybe it had something to do with how the laptop was running". That didn't work. Then I tried moving over to my other USB port on my laptop and no dice. From there I pulled out a much shorter cord with the same sizing and no dice. Finally, I made sure it wasn't just the laptop by pulling out my USB mouse and sure enough, the mouse works fine. I'm not sure if I just need to install a new driver, since I have Windows 10, but currently slightly irritated since I now have a cool, but now idle piece of technology. Help me out please? Image of the exact error message that pops up below.

cooroxd

Re: Cord suddenly not working?

Post by cooroxd » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:22 am

Joeypals wrote:Before I start the main message, let me list what I have already tried:

-Two cords
-Two different USB ports

OK, so I got the capture card a couple of months ago and for the time that it was working it went fantastically. I was able to stream on Twitch and record footage for YouTube, and it was all-in-all fantastic for me. However, very recently I tried plugging in my usual cord (the one that came with the capture card) and all the sudden it is saying that the USB cord is not recognizable. My first thought was "OK... lemme restart my laptop. Maybe it had something to do with how the laptop was running". That didn't work. Then I tried moving over to my other USB port on my laptop and no dice. From there I pulled out a much shorter cord with the same sizing and no dice. Finally, I made sure it wasn't just the laptop by pulling out my USB mouse and sure enough, the mouse works fine. I'm not sure if I just need to install a new driver, since I have Windows 10, but currently slightly irritated since I now have a cool, but now idle piece of technology. Help me out please? Image of the exact error message that pops up below.

You can try on a different computer so you can rule out the laptop. If you plug in you capture card on a different computer and it's still doesn't work then we can say that your 3ds' microusb port is faulty and probably needs to be sent back to Loopy for repairs

Joeypals

Post by Joeypals » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:29 am

I'll try on my sister's if she lets me. I'm thinking it's the USB port but we'll see. Thanks

Joeypals

Post by Joeypals » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:59 pm

cooroxd wrote:
Joeypals wrote:Before I start the main message, let me list what I have already tried:

-Two cords
-Two different USB ports

You can try on a different computer so you can rule out the laptop. If you plug in you capture card on a different computer and it's still doesn't work then we can say that your 3ds' microusb port is faulty and probably needs to be sent back to Loopy for repairs
So, just tried it on my sister's laptop and I got the exact same error message. Therefore 99.9% sure it's the microUSB port.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Did you do the driver update and accidentally interupt it?

Joeypals

Post by Joeypals » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:19 am

Reubster101 wrote:Did you do the driver update and accidentally interupt it?
I never had to do a driver installation to begin with. Like I said I'm running Windows 10.

Joeypals

Post by Joeypals » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:05 am

UPDATE TO SITUATION: So, I shipped my 3DS off to you (Loopy) and included a note -- just got the 3DS back today. I'm still experiencing the same issue. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and exe files (apparently I did put on the driver just forgot) and it's literally not doing anything. I literally don't know what to do now. I've tried different cords, different ports, different laptops... nothing. It's like the whole thing suddenly gave out.