USB / Software Troubles

Jagwa36

USB / Software Troubles

Post by Jagwa36 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:18 am

Hey thanks for reading.

I just got my 3ds back, but the software is just giving me a black screen. I've tried on two different computers with the same results. I think it may be the USB cord, but I'm not certain. No audio either. On windows 8.

help plz. thanks.
Last edited by Jagwa36 on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reubster101

Re: USB / Software Troubles

Post by Reubster101 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:33 pm

Keep trying different ports :)

Jagwa36

Post by Jagwa36 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:12 am

Reubster101 wrote:Keep trying different ports :)
Tried on separate computers. Front, back, and on the USB hub on my desktop and all over my laptop too. I've noticed that it's started making the "something is plugged in" noise again, but the software remains to be just a black screen. Maybe the cord is fine? How do I get the software to notice my 3DS has been plugged in? Maybe I need a driver or something?

TryclydeTamer

Post by TryclydeTamer » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Jagwa36 wrote:
Tried on separate computers. Front, back, and on the USB hub on my desktop and all over my laptop too. I've noticed that it's started making the "something is plugged in" noise again, but the software remains to be just a black screen. Maybe the cord is fine? How do I get the software to notice my 3DS has been plugged in? Maybe I need a driver or something?
Did you download the driver from the front page of the website? You need it for the USB to transmit the video signal.

Jagwa36

Post by Jagwa36 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:11 pm

TryclydeTamer wrote:
Jagwa36 wrote:
Did you download the driver from the front page of the website? You need it for the USB to transmit the video signal.
On the trouble shooting page the site said Windows 8 doesn't need the driver. Downloaded anyways. Still nothing... :-/