Headphones make audio not record

cowscrazy

Headphones make audio not record

Post by cowscrazy » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:31 am

HELP! The game audio is recording fine but when I plug in my headphones it wont record the game audio anymore. I can still hear it while I record through the headphones but it no longer will record. What am I doing wrong?

I'm on windows 7 I have it set for stereo mix. This means I can't record my voice in audacity as I play the game. This is very frustrating to me

Update. Even though I have it set to Stereo mix I'm sure its only recording the sound from the speakers. The louder I make the speakers the louder the recording of the audio. But yet its not recording the sound from the microphone either cause I can scream at top of my lungs and it won't pick up my voice on the video track just the game.

Soniktts

Re: Headphones make audio not record

Post by Soniktts » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:33 pm

I actually had a similar issue which resulted in me re-installing my Sound card drivers.

It may be that your audio is being redirected to another Playback device once your headphones are plugged in however. Check that the playback default device is your Speakers/Default device.

cowscrazy

Re: Headphones make audio not record

Post by cowscrazy » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:24 pm

If I make speakers my default device then the sound comes out of the speakers . I want it to come out of my headphones. If it comes out of the speakers I'll get an echo when I record my separate audio file for the game play along with it .

I know I've done this in the past. But it refuses to do it again now. I'm going crazy. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!