Best Settings for video output?

frogguy33

Best Settings for video output?

Post by frogguy33 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:54 pm

So I just got my capture card from loopy and I am doing a test stream to see how it looks. It runs well, but it does look a bit pixely and blurry (playing new super mario bros 2 btw at 30 fps). I know loopy said to switch the codec, but I am not sure what effect it will produce. Any tips to getting the best image possible? Also I have an i7 cpu so should I change the codec to an intel one?

Soniktts

Re: Best Settings for video output?

Post by Soniktts » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:28 pm

Some tips capturing via the 3DS software would be;

- Experiment with your Codecs. Most people use the lossless logarith codec (downloadable) though it's typically for 60fps captures.
- Video settings > Quality = 100%
- Video settings > Configure... > Temporal quality = Max
- Ensure your 3DS software is being given High Priority on your Task Manager.
- If you have switchable graphics (a non-dedicated GPU), ensure your 3DS software is taking advantage of your more powerful graphics card.

Hope this helps.

frogguy33

Post by frogguy33 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:18 am

Thank you much! Im trying the steps you have suggested! I am having some problems though with some of them. After I up the temporal quality up to full, I click on it again it shows that it is back at 75%.... so I dont know what is happening there. And the app is showing at the top of my task manager but I dont know if that means it is prioritized.

frogguy33

Post by frogguy33 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 am

And about the codec you suggested....... https://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html this one?

frogguy33

Post by frogguy33 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:45 am

I downloaded that codec. But in the video setting it did not allow me to change the temporal quality. It just had checkboxes for: enabling null frames, using multi threads (which I checked), and a prevent unsampling when decoding box. There is also a list of modes including: RGBA, RGB, YUY2, and YV12. Is there a later/better version of the lagarith losless codec I can use? Or is this right and which video setting would be the best? I have an i7 6700 k and a gtx 1070 if specs help.

Soniktts

Post by Soniktts » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:09 pm

frogguy33 wrote:Thank you much! Im trying the steps you have suggested! I am having some problems though with some of them. After I up the temporal quality up to full, I click on it again it shows that it is back at 75%.... so I dont know what is happening there. And the app is showing at the top of my task manager but I dont know if that means it is prioritized.
Right clack on the App in Task Manager then go to Details and set the priority to high.

Don't worry too much about the temporal quality actually, my mistake.
frogguy33 wrote:I downloaded that codec. But in the video setting it did not allow me to change the temporal quality. It just had checkboxes for: enabling null frames, using multi threads (which I checked), and a prevent unsampling when decoding box. There is also a list of modes including: RGBA, RGB, YUY2, and YV12. Is there a later/better version of the lagarith losless codec I can use? Or is this right and which video setting would be the best? I have an i7 6700 k and a gtx 1070 if specs help.
I really don't know I'm afraid. I don't personally use that Codec as lossless quality isn't really what I go for. I'm happy with 30fps. All I can say is to experiment with the codecs or try searching in this forum.