Battery not charging?

gazeebo

Battery not charging?

Post by gazeebo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi,

I've been using the capture card for a little while now and today when I grabbed my 3DS off the charger, the battery light was flashing and telling me it had had pretty much no charge.
Is this something that someone has experience with?

I did read somewhere, and I'm not sure if it's accurate or not, that the 3DS charges through the USB cable with the capture card so I am not sure if I am even supposed to use my 3DS charger on it.

Any help and advice is welcome, thanks !

Tecd0c

Re: Battery not charging?

Post by Tecd0c » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:14 pm

There is no charging function for the 3DS through the 3DS Capture Card.
There is a Mod existing for a Classic DS that alows to charge the battery through the Capture Card.
But normall installs does not have that function.
It sounds like your power connector is worn out...
You can get it fixed by someone experianced with soldering skills. I have seen couple of real bad work on that.
It is not that difficult to fix, but People do just apply too much heat to it and damage the traces of the mainboard.

gazeebo

Post by gazeebo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:49 pm

It seems to be charging now after being on the charger for an hour or two, but I think what happened is somehow it was leaking charge.
It's charging right now and I'll keep this post updated if I have unexplained loss of charge again.

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:55 pm

I don't believe that it is leaking somewhat.
This is normally how the charging (power) port start to get faulty. As the pins do not have a good contact all the time.
There is nothing you have to update on here.
I can only advise you to let it fix, as soon as you can. As it might just stop working at all.

gazeebo

Post by gazeebo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:37 pm

I had it fully charged last night and now the charge is down to 1 bar and a red light. I played for roughly 1 hour while recording.
I don't think this is normal behavior and it was working perfectly fine before getting the capture card installed.

I'm still happy with the product, I just don't think this 3DS is going to accompany me anywhere anymore besides right at my desk recording footage.

When you say to get it fixed, do you mean send it back to Loopy or have someone with knowledge dissect the 3ds and fix the ports or whatever the problem is?

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:15 pm

The 3DS Capture Card points are located at a totaly different area and have nothing to do with your battery charging problem!
You do not have to send it to Loopy. This fix can be done by anybody that has the knowledge to replace the charging port.