Capture Device not found

americanbaconn

Capture Device not found

Post by americanbaconn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:10 am

hello on my 3ds viewer it says capture device is not found but when i plug in the capture card my computer makes the sound telling me something just connected so the cable and port should be fine right? is the capture card itself broken? I ordered it from here 3 years ago so if it is broken can i send it in to get repaired?

americanbaconn

Re: Capture Device not found

Post by americanbaconn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:55 am

i even bought a new cord still says capture device not found

americanbaconn

Post by americanbaconn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:02 am

okay looked through the fourm and tried updating the driver with a new set of drivers nothing but here is what it says in my connected devices in settings
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (25.38 KiB) Viewed 4920 times

Soniktts

Post by Soniktts » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:59 am

The issue here is that your computer hasn't recognised the 3DS. It's highly unlikely that the 3DS itself is the problem. It's perhaps the driver not installing correctly.

Imageimage search

Uninstall the driver, restart your computer and then install it again.

The driver can be found here; http://3dscapture.com/

Failing that I would suggest repeating the process but installing the drivers in safe mode. Keep in mind that certain builds of Windows won't allow installation in safe mode.

americanbaconn

Post by americanbaconn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:25 am

Soniktts wrote:The issue here is that your computer hasn't recognised the 3DS. It's highly unlikely that the 3DS itself is the problem. It's perhaps the driver not installing correctly.

Imageimage search

Uninstall the driver, restart your computer and then install it again.

The driver can be found here; http://3dscapture.com/

Failing that I would suggest repeating the process but installing the drivers in safe mode. Keep in mind that certain builds of Windows won't allow installation in safe mode.
soo did everything you said to do and still nothing here is what it looks like in there i get that its not recognizing it and it says its a driver issue but i dont understand how to fix it i tried doing all those things you said as well as updating the driver and turn the signuture off and try it that way none of it has worked so any other suggestions??
Attachments
Untitled 2.png
Untitled 2.png (25.77 KiB) Viewed 4909 times

Soniktts

Post by Soniktts » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:35 am

Is your USB input 2.0 or 3.0?

If it's 3.0, there are times when low level devices such as the 3DS and DS original won't be recognised. Try different USB ports.

Have you tried uninstalling and then booting to Safe Mode to then install again?

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:47 am

Sounds like a worn out USB-Port.
Don't mess with this Computer, try at a different device from a friend or so.
Donn't bend the cable or something putting force on it, as you might rip of the USB-Port with the traces - then it will not be repairable!
See here:
http://www.konsolenpunkt.de/forum/viewt ... f=23&t=393

americanbaconn

Post by americanbaconn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:57 am

Tecd0c wrote:Sounds like a worn out USB-Port.
Don't mess with this Computer, try at a different device from a friend or so.
Donn't bend the cable or something putting force on it, as you might rip of the USB-Port with the traces - then it will not be repairable!
See here:
http://www.konsolenpunkt.de/forum/viewt ... f=23&t=393
okay ill go check it on another pc but it doesnt have a problem with disconecting when i move it around and it doesnt say no signal it stays in it just says capture device not found but i could see it being the problem and so if it is itll cost 50usd basicly? i feel like this is a very simple replacement i would think atleast could i just do it myself or is it a little more complicated then that?

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:05 pm

[quote="americanbaconn] i feel like this is a very simple replacement i would think atleast could i just do it myself or is it a little more complicated then that?[/quote]
You are joking right?!

americanbaconn

Post by americanbaconn » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:06 pm

Tecd0c wrote:[quote="americanbaconn] i feel like this is a very simple replacement i would think atleast could i just do it myself or is it a little more complicated then that?
You are joking right?![/quote][/quote]
well idk a crazy amount about working on things like phones and small electronics most the stuff i know how to work is is mechanical like cars and i can build a pc which isnt hard by any means so idk the ends in outs i just want it fixed as fast as possible and if i can take the moment and learn something new that would be amazing to me i love learning new things but if its something pretty complicated it wouldnt be good for me to start with but i take it its hard cause of your response so could send it back to them and have them replace it for me or do i need to buy another capture card is it just completely toast? I just want the specifcs and would like more info on getting it fixed