Capture Board Randomly Disconnects then Reconnects? Help!

Jarvis

Capture Board Randomly Disconnects then Reconnects? Help!

Post by Jarvis » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:16 am

So I have had my capture board for since Late August and it has been great. Software works and gameplay looks great on my streams, but recently (For the past month I would say), I have been running into a consistent issue where the connection between my PC and the 3DS just lose connection, forcing me to either remove and reconnect the USB to the capture board or wiggle USB going into the capture board until I get my signal back. I have tried different USB ports on my PC and the results are about the same. I can't tell if it's just the USB or the board itself, but I figured I would come here and ask if anyone has had this problem in the past. I haven't dropped my 3DS and I've only taken out the cartridge once or twice to switch games. If anyone has a solution or process on how to fix the problem, I would greatly appreciate.

Also, if it is possible, could I send it over to Loopy and have him fix it? I won't mind paying for shipping or any kind of repair fee he has, but I would like to avoid sending it to him since most of the people that watch my stream come for the 3DS games (Fire Emblem and Pokemon). Again, any help is much appreciated. Have a good night and thanks you in advanced!

Jarvis

Re: Capture Board Randomly Disconnects then Reconnects? Help

Post by Jarvis » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:41 am

UPDATE: I experimented with a new USB cable and that seems to have fixed the problem. I'll test it out some more and report more of my findings!