Corrupted sound in AVI

FreeSpirit

Corrupted sound in AVI

Post by FreeSpirit » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:02 pm

I've been using the default 3ds capture software to record video gameplay. But, when I import the files onto Adobe Premiere Pro, it would show "comforming [filename].avi" and then a red circle with an X appears next to it and goes on a loop of comforming. When I try playing the file on it, there is no audio and the program would crash when I try editing the audio.

I put it into another editing software like Camtasia Studio to extract the audio. And when I do, I get an audio file that's longer than the actual video (by like half a second to 2 seconds). Either the beginning or the end of the audio is a loop of the first/last seconds of it which may be what is corrupting it.

I've tried messing with the settings of the codec I'm using (Xvid) and no avail. I don't really want to record the gameplay separately because that adds more work into syncing it with the video.

Any possible solution for this?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Corrupted sound in AVI

Post by loopy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

I've rewritten most of the AVI code. It's not quite ready for release yet, I should have a new version of the software up in another day or two. Maybe this will fix the problem.

FreeSpirit

Post by FreeSpirit » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:05 am

Would it make a difference to change things on the "calc..." settings on the right of the target quanitizer? If so, what would be the optimal settings?

I tried changing the format for the audio to see if it makes a difference, which I do get larger/smaller filesizes on it and it sometimes does work but most of the time doesn't.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 am

FreeSpirit wrote:Would it make a difference to change things on the "calc..." settings on the right of the target quanitizer? If so, what would be the optimal settings?
No idea. Is that in Adobe Premiere? I'm not familiar with that software.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:25 am

Nevermind. Xvid setting.
I don't think that's going to help.

FreeSpirit

Post by FreeSpirit » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Is there also any way to download older versions of the software to see if older versions produce the same corrupted avi files or not?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

3ds_capture.2.7.zip
3ds_capture.2.61.zip
3ds_capture.2.6.zip
(you can find these in the page source)

FreeSpirit

Post by FreeSpirit » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks, I tried them out but the problem still remained.