3DS Capture Software frame drop/hiccup

DestinyDecade

3DS Capture Software frame drop/hiccup

Post by DestinyDecade » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:47 am

Here are my specs in case anyone wants to know. I currently use an HP laptop with Windows 10 (that has been updated) and my specs are it's with a 2 Ghz Processor and 4 GB Processor. Had it for a year.

Recently I have been recording videos of Fire Emblem Echoes and had no issues until in one or two instances, the program would stop for like a split second or two and then resume causing a drop in frame rate. I have had this problem for some time and it's become a bother. Some instances, everything syncs properly and all I only lose is about .02 frames but at worse, it can drop about 1 to 1.5 frames. I don't know if it's my laptop that's causing it but I feel a little bothered by it. It could be the program and if I have to redownload it again, I'll do it. I only wish that maybe there can be an update for it or something to fix the frame drops.

Also no other programs run alongside it so I can get consistent 30 fps all throughout. But even with that, I've had several instances where frame rates take a small nosedive. Anyone have any advice on what I can do? Most times I ever spend recording is basically 1-2 hours.

TryclydeTamer

Re: 3DS Capture Software frame drop/hiccup

Post by TryclydeTamer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:53 pm

If there is no frame skipping on the capture preview without recording, you could just record the capture window through OBS with your desired settings and there should be no frame drops.