Katsukity new 3ds capture card, signal loss

Kainelawless

Katsukity new 3ds capture card, signal loss

Post by Kainelawless » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:44 pm

Not sure if i don't have my set up optimized.

I've tried changing my usb, I've tried plugging it in several ports.

but basically after a bit of time with my viewer opened, i get a signal loss error at the corner and it freezes. if i reset the viewer still no signal. it only resets if i unplug and plug back in.

Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: Running windows 10. it happens whether or not i use OBS. tried reinstalling the driver, no effect. The time seems like it varies before it drops the signal.

I'm not technically minded, but i kinda feel like it's not the capture card itself doing this but i don't know. I mean, moving around the ds or touching the usb cord seems to have no effect. I tried running it in windows 8 compatibility mode but doesn't seem to work. Is this a memory problem? is this a usb port problem? a driver problem? Software? hardware?

triple_lei

Re: Katsukity new 3ds capture card, signal loss

Post by triple_lei » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Last time I saw the signal loss message (with my Katsukity-modded Vita) was when using old software. Might want to check here again. When I used the newest one the errors went away.

And I know in my case using USB 3.0 ports helped with frame rates so you might want to try those if available.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:12 pm

I'm up to date on 1.13

I just deleted the driver and am going to try 1.11. shouldn't work but i'll try anyways

Kainelawless

Post by Kainelawless » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:30 pm

That didn't work :/

The computer i bought doesn't have usb 3.0 so i'll have to buy and install a board for it to try it out.

It's bizarre though. I've tested turning on the viewer and walking away from it, so like if it's a faulty connection, it's not affected by movement.