I Am Completely Lost

Liamsixx

I Am Completely Lost

Post by Liamsixx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:06 am

I got my DS Capture Card yesterday and I have no idea how to set it up. I downloaded the drivers and application and everything is up to date, but I can't get a picture to show up on the application. What am I doing wrong?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: I Am Completely Lost

Post by loopy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:40 am

Most likely a driver problem. What version of Windows do you have?
Open the Device Manager while the DS is plugged in. Can you see the capture card? Does it show any errors?

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:44 am

You need to install Drivers via Control Panel > Device Manager.
If you see any unknown devices, that's your Capture Card.
If not, plug it in, and it'll be there.
Right click and install the Drivers, by following the instructions in the Wizard.

I can't show it you right now, as I'm currently not in reach of a Capture Card, nor Windows.
If you're still stumbling, I could provide Screenshots when I'm back home.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

loopy wrote:Most likely a driver problem. What version of Windows do you have?
Open the Device Manager while the DS is plugged in. Can you see the capture card? Does it show any errors?
I have Windows 7, and I can see the capture card as a device and it has no errors, however no picture shows up on the application.

Liamsixx

Post by Liamsixx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:16 pm

Guest wrote:
loopy wrote:Most likely a driver problem. What version of Windows do you have?
I have Windows 7, and I can see the capture card as a device and it has no errors, however no picture shows up on the application.
This was me, I didn't realize I wasn't logged in
MKGirlism wrote:You need to install Drivers via Control Panel > Device Manager.
If you see any unknown devices, that's your Capture Card.
If not, plug it in, and it'll be there.
Right click and install the Drivers, by following the instructions in the Wizard.

I can't show it you right now, as I'm currently not in reach of a Capture Card, nor Windows.
If you're still stumbling, I could provide Screenshots when I'm back home.
The drivers are all up to date and working properly. I really don't know what else to do =\

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Did you do a manual install, or did Windows install the driver automatically? Does it show up as "DS Capture" or "WinUsb Device" in device manager? Do you have USB 3.0 ports? Some older USB3.0 drivers had problems recognizing the board. Switch to a 2.0 port if you can.

I would recommend uninstalling it from device manager (and delete the driver, if it gives you the option), unplug the DS and plug it back in. Let Windows install the driver again automatically, Windows 7 should be able to locate a driver on its own.

Liamsixx

Post by Liamsixx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 pm

loopy wrote:Did you do a manual install, or did Windows install the driver automatically? Does it show up as "DS Capture" or "WinUsb Device" in device manager? Do you have USB 3.0 ports? Some older USB3.0 drivers had problems recognizing the board. Switch to a 2.0 port if you can.

I would recommend uninstalling it from device manager (and delete the driver, if it gives you the option), unplug the DS and plug it back in. Let Windows install the driver again automatically, Windows 7 should be able to locate a driver on its own.
I installed manually, It shows up WinUsb, and I am using USB 2.

Now after reinstalling, it shows up as DS capture then immediately returns to WinUsb

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:48 pm

You are using the DS capture app (not 3DS), right? I have to ask, it's happened before :P

It _should_ be ok as WinUsb instead of DS Capture, but you can force it to change. Right click on it in device manager -> Update Driver Software.. -> Browse Computer.. -> Let me pick from list.. -> Have Disk.. -> Browse to dscapture.inf

I don't know if that'll help any, but it's something to try.

Liamsixx

Post by Liamsixx » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:54 pm

loopy wrote:You are using the DS capture app (not 3DS), right? I have to ask, it's happened before :P

It _should_ be ok as WinUsb instead of DS Capture, but you can force it to change. Right click on it in device manager -> Update Driver Software.. -> Browse Computer.. -> Let me pick from list.. -> Have Disk.. -> Browse to dscapture.inf

I don't know if that'll help any, but it's something to try.
I was using DS so no need to worry about that
I managed to get this to work, the main problem was "have disk" was hidden for some reason. It works great now, thank you!

Liamsixx

Post by Liamsixx » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 am

One more question, is there any way to record my microphone and the game audio at the same time? I suck at coordinating my drivers and inputs like that.