USB Cable Works, Screen Capture Does Not

GGuyd

USB Cable Works, Screen Capture Does Not

Post by GGuyd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 am

Hello there Loopy.
I just received my 3ds capture device today, and I use a 32-bit Windows Vista. I've been having Frustrating problems getting this to work! :cry: When I connect the USB cable to the computer, it tells me that everything has been installed automatically and ready to use. The problem is Nothing pops up.. No Screen, not even the driver icon appears on the Computer Folder. And instead of showing "3ds capture" as the title of the usb connector, on my computer it says "WinUSBDevice". This is really frustrating for me, because as far as the usb cable is concerned it works, but nothing's showing. Do you know what the problem is? Because I really don't want this to be money wasted for me.

Thanks

loopy
Site Admin

Re: USB Cable Works, Screen Capture Does Not

Post by loopy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:13 am

Vista can be dumb when it comes to drivers sometimes. Just force it to use the driver downloaded from the website. (here)

- Open Device Manager
- Right click on "WinUsb Device", Update Driver Software...
- Browse Computer...
- Let me pick from a list...
- Have Disk...
- Locate 3dscapture.inf file

That should take care of it.

GGuyd

Post by GGuyd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:28 am

Yeah, I did what you told me but when I search for the .inf files in the System 32 folder I can't find which is which. There's so many of them. Do you know which specific folder I should go to where i'll see the name 3dscapture.inf? Because I tried typing it in the search engine and i couldn't find it

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 am

It's in the zip file I linked above. Extract the whole 3ds_driver folder from it.

GGuyd

Post by GGuyd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 am

I just got it to work.. THANK YOU SO MUCH! :) I just got one last question: How do I get the sound to work from the computer and in the recording? Also, what's the noise filter for, and how do i hook that up?

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 am

I'm not sure about the filter, but I'd say, try it from both sides.
As for the sound:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=184

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 am

Use a standard 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable, with the audio filter connected to that. It doesn't matter where the filter goes (whether it's on the 3DS or the PC side). The filter isn't strictly necessary, you can do without it but you might pick up some extra noise depending on your recording equipment.

GGuyd

Post by GGuyd » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:51 am

Alright, just got Everything figured out . Thanks to both of you guys, especially you loopy! You're the best ;)