Any help, greatly appreciated

3dsgamelover

Any help, greatly appreciated

Post by 3dsgamelover » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:58 pm

So my friend bought me a japanese 3ds from katsukity to stream with. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the thing working. I have searched frantically for any sort of forum or place that can provide me help. I know that loopy and katsukity are not using the same programs but I was wondering if anyone is experienced with katsukity's product and can help me out.

I greatly regret letting my friend buy me this and if I can't get it to work she'll feel terrible about all the money she spent getting me this. Again, any help would be so appreciated. *bows head*

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Any help, greatly appreciated

Post by loopy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:21 pm

I haven't used one, so I don't know if I can help but I can try. What problem are you having? What have you tried?

3dsgamelover

Post by 3dsgamelover » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Loopy you're a good guy >_< I wish my friend had bought from you. In fact, I plan on using your service to do my NA 3DS when I get the money.

I'm not sure what the problem is to be quite honest. She purchased the Japanese AC adapter, USB cable, and the 3DS (JP) w/o battery. The instructions I have been reading are a little unclear.

When I plug the AC adapter in the connected to USB light flashes for about 3 seconds then fades away (no battery obviously). I plug the USB into both the PC and the board and there's no reaction to that. When I load up the program from his site and put in the serial number the window says 'No device'. I assume this is because I haven't put in the proper drivers somewhere but I have -no idea- where the drivers go.

Since I'm using a Windows 7 computer I'm assuming the drivers in the vista_7 folder that I downloaded are the ones I need to use.
I see cyusb security catalog, setup information and a system file.

I'm hoping it's a simple put the drivers in this folder and suddenly ta-dah, the whole thing works. Otherwise I might be sick in a minute.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:09 pm

Yeah, you'll need to install that driver. Open up Device Manager and plug in the board. It should show up, probably named something like Unknown Device.

- Right click on it, Update Driver Software...
- Browse Computer...
- Let me pick from a list...
- Have Disk...
- Locate the cyusb.inf file in the vista_7 folder.

After doing all that, the program should work.

3dsgamelover

Post by 3dsgamelover » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 pm

Yep, that installed the driver! Instead of saying 'no device' now it says 'no signal' though.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:23 pm

The 3DS is turned on?

3dsgamelover

Post by 3dsgamelover » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:25 pm

So... that's the thing right.
I try hitting the power and it's not turning on. I have the adapter plugged in but it's like there's no juice going to it. The connectivity light is up for only 3 seconds before it vanishes.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:27 pm

I think you're going to need a battery.

3dsgamelover

Post by 3dsgamelover » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:32 pm

I was truly scared of you saying something like that because I have no idea what to do.

It didn't come with the battery and I doubt that's something I can just get.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:36 pm

I might have an extra one here...