Feed Freezing

Mindez

Feed Freezing

Post by Mindez » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Hey,

Just posting to see if somebody can help me with an issue I'm having - I've had my capture board since mid-November now, and I've not had any problems with it until very recently.

Randomly (As far as I can tell), the feed just freezes in place. Music will still play (Obviously), but the video showing on the software is just a still frame. When I restart the software, the screen is entirely black. The only way to fix this is to reboot the computer, at which point it works fine until it seemingly randomly stops working again.

I don't use the software to record, only to display the feed on screen while using XSplit to record the screen region, so it can't be related to the recording side of the software. Also as I've said, I've had the capture board since mid-November and have had no problems before, but in the last few days this has happened increasingly frequently.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mindez

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Feed Freezing

Post by loopy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:51 pm

About how often is "randomly"? If a reboot fixes it, that makes me think the computer has a problem, not the board. Have you tried using a different computer? Different USB port? When it gets stuck, does your computer still see the board? If you disconnect+reconnect the 3DS, does your computer recognize it?

Mindez

Post by Mindez » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Increasingly frequently. A few days ago it happened after around 2 hours of being open, today it's happened at around 40 minutes and 30 minutes of being open.

I don't have access to a different computer. I don't know how to tell if my computer can still see the board, but usually if the cable is disconnected then it will display a blank screen rather than a still frame. If the cable is disconnected while it is frozen, it will just stay on the still frame. Reconnecting the cable does not solve it.

I will try a different USB port though.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:19 am

Let me know how it goes ... if you can't figure it out, I can replace the board.