capture program not working on new computer

citizenmono

capture program not working on new computer

Post by citizenmono » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 am

my 3DS capture card worked perfect on my old (crappy) computer, recently i updated to a new computer and today i tried to use the capture program to record some games. upon plugging in the 3DS windows popped up that it had successfully installed drivers, however when i open the program the screens are black. no video. i have poked around in the device manager and can find nothing weird, i've restarted the computer, unplugged and re-plugged the 3DS about a thousand times...i am at the end of my rope. any ideas on how to make it work again? :(

MKGirlism

Re: capture program not working on new computer

Post by MKGirlism » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:54 am

What Operating System do you use?
Because as far as my experience goes, Windows Vista and 7 require you to remove the Drivers it installs, while Windows 8 works straight away.
Also, if you're on Windows RT, you won't be able to use it.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:09 pm

MKGirlism wrote:What Operating System do you use?
Because as far as my experience goes, Windows Vista and 7 require you to remove the Drivers it installs, while Windows 8 works straight away.
Also, if you're on Windows RT, you won't be able to use it.
windows 7 is what both computers run, which is part of why im so confused - i never had to do anything special to make things work on the old system, i just downloaded the driver files and things worked. however if there is something special i need to do i havent tried yet i am definitely willing to give it a try.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:32 pm

I've run across bad USB3.0 drivers before. Try switching to a USB2.0 port (if you have any). Or find the newest USB3.0 driver for your computer. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the driver for the capture board.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 pm

loopy wrote:I've run across bad USB3.0 drivers before. Try switching to a USB2.0 port (if you have any). Or find the newest USB3.0 driver for your computer. If that doesn't help, try reinstalling the driver for the capture board.
oh, it looks like all my ports are 3.0...to reinstall the capture board driver do i just delete the folder and redownload it? or should i be putting the .dll files somewhere specific on my computer?

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:38 pm

Just delete the Drivers Windows gave you via Device Manager, Update Driver Software... → Browse my computer for driver software → Browse... → Next.
I hope this helps.

Now that you remind me of it, my Mac Mini also has USB 3.0, which explains why I had to make these steps as well.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:46 pm

MKGirlism wrote:Just delete the Drivers Windows gave you via Device Manager, Update Driver Software... → Browse my computer for driver software → Browse... → Next.
I hope this helps.

Now that you remind me of it, my Mac Mini also has USB 3.0, which explains why I had to make these steps as well.
sorry for probably sounding dumb, but i cant find in the device manager where exactly the 3DS capture is. if i go to safely eject hardware it lists "3DS capture" as an option but im not sure what to be deleting/updating drivers for in the list it gives in device manager.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Open Device Manager, then plug in the 3DS. See what changes.
It might not have been installed in the first place, it could be listed as "Unknown device".

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 pm

oh, i see it now, it's calling it "winusb device". i uninstalled/deleted it, replugged the 3DS, and it popped up an unknown device titled "3DS capture". however i didnt offer any options for updating software and while i was trying to figure out what to do with it "3DS capture" disappeared and "winusb device" reappeared. clearly im doing something wrong...but what?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 pm

- Download and unzip driver files
- Open Device Manager
- Right click on "WinUsb Device", Update Driver Software...
- Browse Computer...
- Let me pick from a list...
- Have Disk...
- Locate 3dscapture.inf file