Finding the Device in Device Manager

drakeekard

Finding the Device in Device Manager

Post by drakeekard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:26 am

Hello!

So I have a 3DS capture card, and after plugging it in a driver thing popped up and I closed it when it was finished (I am using Windows 7). I opened up the software, and it showed a black screen. After perusing through the FAQ and these forums I decided I needed to fix the driver, so I opened up the device manager but I have no idea what the device should be under the device manager. Nothing is changing as I plug in or take out the USB cord for the 3DS. I don't even know if it is showing up under the device manager. Any suggestions?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Finding the Device in Device Manager

Post by loopy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:45 am

If Windows actually installed a driver, it should show up as WinUsb Device (under Universal Serial Bus devices). Or it might be under "Other devices" if it didn't get installed. If you click on the USB icon from the system tray and pull up "Open Devices and Printers" you should find it there too.

drakeekard

Post by drakeekard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 am

I'm wondering if Windows is just not recognizing the USB cable at all...after taking about all of the USB's plugged into my computer and then plugging in the USB cord for the 3DS, nothing changed in the Device Manager. I also can't find an "other devices" section, so it might just be there but I don't quite know which one on the Device Manager. Any idea which one it might be in my device manager?
Attachments
Capture 2.JPG
Device Manager after everything was unplugged. Remained the same after the USB cord plugged in.
Capture 2.JPG (50.54 KiB) Viewed 2222 times

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:27 am

I don't see it. Does it even make the "connected" sound when you plug it in? Do you have another computer you can test it on?

drakeekard

Post by drakeekard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:21 pm

No, I don't think it even makes a connected sound, although the first time I plugged it in it might have I don't quite remember. Is there anything special about the USB cable, or is it just the standard USB 2.0 Micro B?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:42 pm

Standard Micro USB cable.

drakeekard

Post by drakeekard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:04 pm

I'm thinking maybe I should try another cable? It's simply not working for no apparent reason...I've tried every port on the computer and it's just not acknowledging that I even plugged the cable in on the Device Manager...

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:14 pm

It could be the cable. I can send you another one if you'd like.

drakeekard

Post by drakeekard » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm

That would actually be fantastic if you could send me another one. Sorry about that :/

drakeekard

Post by drakeekard » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:21 pm

Does the 3DS have to be on for the system to recognize the cable?