Audio records but I can't hear it

cowscrazy

Audio records but I can't hear it

Post by cowscrazy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:11 am

Is this normal? When recording the 3DS it will record the audio cause in playback I can hear it fine.

But while I'm recording I hear nothing at all. This is a bit frustrating cause I'd like to be able to react to what the music is.

cowscrazy

Re: Audio records but I can't hear it

Post by cowscrazy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 am

Update...

This problem is on the Old version of the software . The new version of the software I can't record the audio at all. I can't get it to awknowlage my microphone port.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:45 am

Try putting it into your Line-In Port, instead of Microphone.

cowscrazy

Post by cowscrazy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:14 am

I don't think my laptop has a line in port. The only port that will fit the jack is the microphone port. all my other ports are usb

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:31 am

cowscrazy wrote:Is this normal? When recording the 3DS it will record the audio cause in playback I can hear it fine.

But while I'm recording I hear nothing at all. This is a bit frustrating cause I'd like to be able to react to what the music is.
Windows has separate mixers for listening and recording. You have several options, depending on your OS.

XP: Use the output mixer from the system tray.

Vista or later: Adjust output levels from Playback (speaker) settings

Windows 7 or later: Check "Listen to this Device" in the recording settings. Adjust the volume from the mixer in the system tray.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:34 am

cowscrazy wrote:Update...

This problem is on the Old version of the software . The new version of the software I can't record the audio at all. I can't get it to awknowlage my microphone port.
Check the sound settings in the capture app, make sure it's set to use your microphone. It might help to make your microphone the default recording device (from the control panel).

cowscrazy

Post by cowscrazy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 am

Ok thanks for the info. My laptop doesn't have a Line-In jack. I have to do it through the microphone so I'll fiddle around with those settings till I find something that will work for me.

Thanks.