Windows won't read capture card

lilpieri

Windows won't read capture card

Post by lilpieri » Sun May 12, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new here. My friend and I just chipped in and bought a new 3DS capture card. My friend has gotten the capture card to work on his PC pretty easily, but when I got the chance to try it out at my house, things weren't exactly as easy. On my old family PC, the capture card works fine. But I have my own MacBook which I use for everything. I have Windows 7 installed on it via bootcamp, and it runs beter than any other PC my family has ever purchased. All my PC games, video editors, and recording software such as Arcsoft Showbizz for my Hauppauge HD PVR works flawlessly. So I was pretty surprised when my new 3DS capture card didn't work with it.

I'm pretty sure the issue is because Windows isn't reading the capture device correctly. Under the device manager, it reads the capture card as just a normal "usb device" when it should say "3DS Capture". That led me to believe I needed to update my drivers, but I installed the new drivers that were given to download on the home page.

Anyone have any ideas how to fix this so I can get my new capture card working? Perhaps I installed the drivers incorrectly, and if so, can anyone give me a solid explanation on how to do so? Thanks in advance!

MKGirlism

Re: Windows won't read capture card

Post by MKGirlism » Mon May 13, 2013 5:05 am

Uninstall the Driver, and manually install the one from this site.
Windows Vista and Windows 7 tend to install the wrong one by default.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu May 16, 2013 6:25 pm

In case you haven't fixed it yet, Another driver related thread.

lilpieri

Post by lilpieri » Fri May 24, 2013 1:43 am

Hey everyone, sorry for the late response. I just got the 3DS capture card back from my friend today and I tried doing everything you guys told me to do. Unfortunately, it didn't help :(

When I try to update the drivers and click on the 3dscapture.inf, I get an error message saying:

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

It doesn't seem to make sense to me as my family's low end computer, which is in x64 based system like my MacBook Pro, works with it just flawlessly. They both run Windows 7 and can run all of the same hardare (althout my MacBook does it all about 5x faster), so I still don't understand why it's not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as soon as possible as I was planning on using it tomorrow. Thanks in advance (again)!

lilpieri

Post by lilpieri » Fri May 24, 2013 2:07 am

And if it helps you guys, the 3DS capture card now comes up as "Unknown Device".

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri May 24, 2013 4:20 pm

lilpieri wrote:"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."
Strange. You unpacked the whole zip file (including x86/amd64 folders)?

Look at the device details in Device Manager. What VID/PID does it show?

lilpieri

Post by lilpieri » Sat May 25, 2013 2:13 am

HOLY CRAP! IT'S WORKING!!!

I did everything you guys told me, and it didn't work. So I restarted my computer, and it still didn't work. I waited a day, restarted my computer for about the third time, and it magically worked! Thank you guys so much! You were huge helps, especially you, loopy!

dragonfury

Post by dragonfury » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:51 pm

I have been having the exact same problem here. Using Windows 7 64 bit. Device is coming up unknown...I have tried to install the driver manually and it just keeps saying everything is up to date already

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon May 11, 2015 6:54 am

Same question I asked above: Look at the device details in Device Manager. What VID/PID does it show?
Some old USB 3.0 drivers used to have issues, you might try plugging it into a different (2.0) port if you have any.

MegaBlazeKick54

Post by MegaBlazeKick54 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:11 pm

I Tried Everything Here, And my Capture Card Will Not Connect To My Computer, No Matter What I Do. Ive Tried like 4 cords and tried doing all of the driver stuff but it's not working. Can anyone please help me? I haven't even had the thing for a good 2 months and its already not working. :?: