My DS Capture is having issues turning on

CSC

My DS Capture is having issues turning on

Post by CSC » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:15 pm

When I try to turn it on, the green light comes on, then the top screen turns white for a split second then turns off. No matter what I do, the same thing happens; I charged it, put in games, and plugged it into the computer. Nothing works, so either I'm doing something wrong, or something's wrong with the DS. Can you help?

loopy
Site Admin

Re: My DS Capture is having issues turning on

Post by loopy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm guessing you got the install kit? The DS won't stay on if the screen cable isn't pushed in all the way when you connect it. Disconnect the board completely and reconnect it, make sure the cables are straight and go all the way in.

CSC

Post by CSC » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:55 am

Actually, I got it from you in the mail, so I'm not sure what's going on. Do you install the DS's the same way the site says to? If so, can I preform the action that you told me to do by following the instructions on the site? Sorry for the trouble.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:22 am

Oh... hrm. :( I test it before sending it out, it must've come loose during shipping or something.
Yeah, you can go by the instructions and try fixing it yourself if you want to (if you have a triwing screwdriver to open it). Or just send it back and I'll fix it.

CSC

Post by CSC » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:51 pm

Hey, man. I know that its been a while, but I was curious if I could take you up on that offer for me to send in the DS so you can fix it. I bought it from you a while ago and never got it to work, so if you could take a look at it that'd be pretty rad.