3dscapture.com

Support Forum
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:25 am 

pzo wrote:
Looking forward to this. Hopefully I can send in my 3DS that has one of your capture boards to get a GCC mod added to it.

I think he said earlier that he won't be doing installs on this with capture boards because of how much of a complicated mess it would be, with all those pieces in there :/

Who knows, though. There has to be a way, somehow. I hope.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Weegee76 wrote:
I've been reading through this thread after looking for GCN -> 3DS mod, and it looks fantastic!
Any idea when you'll be stocked and ready to sell?

I don't know, soon. Maybe sometime this week. The coding's finished and I have the boards. I need to get things organized and deal with leftover holiday orders first, I was out of town most of last week.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:42 am 

Dragonite wrote:
pzo wrote:
Looking forward to this. Hopefully I can send in my 3DS that has one of your capture boards to get a GCC mod added to it.

I think he said earlier that he won't be doing installs on this with capture boards because of how much of a complicated mess it would be, with all those pieces in there :/

Who knows, though. There has to be a way, somehow. I hope.

They do both fit in at the same time. The problem is that the GCN mod goes under the cable for the capture board, so you need to be able to take out the capture board to do the actual installation, which takes time and skill.

Basically, people who already have capture boards and want to add a GCN mod might have longer install times, but everyone else is fine.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:53 am 

Great that it'll be out soon, can you post a link in here a day or so before making it public so the people who have been following the thread get a chance to get their hands on one?

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:40 am 

Czar_Yoshi wrote:
They do both fit in at the same time. The problem is that the GCN mod goes under the cable for the capture board, so you need to be able to take out the capture board to do the actual installation, which takes time and skill.

Basically, people who already have capture boards and want to add a GCN mod might have longer install times, but everyone else is fine.

Yeah, that's what I'm getting at. Unfortunately I have the hardware skills of a desk lamp and since I already have a capture board and he's not doing installs, I'm going to have to jump through a few hoops if I want to get this done :|

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:08 am 

@loopy

The triggers on gamecube controllers are hybrid analogue/digital buttons - the first part of it is analogue while after a certain point it bottomed out as a digital button. This was necessary for certain games like smash bros melee which had analogue shielding. Newer games in the series (like brawl and smash 4 for both the 3ds/wiiu) only feature digital shielding, the shield is either on or off and you can't modify the sheild properties by light tapping.

I'm assuming the full digital press of the L/R button on a gamecube controller will be required for the button to register on the 3ds..any idea if it would be possible to make it work if the L/R button is pressed at all, even slightly?

Not really a big concern, just wondering if it would cause any problems like random triggering. I know some people remove the springs from their gamecube controllers to make the digital pressing easier in games that don't require the analogue touch.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:57 pm 
Site Admin

I'm only using the digital buttons right now, but adding analog triggers wouldn't be hard. How sensitive should it be? I suppose that should be configurable too?

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Ok. I changed it so only a light press is needed, and the pressure level can be configured. I think I'm finished, unless someone else thinks of something to change.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:46 pm 

For me it's fine in the current state.

Fell free to send merki some boards :)

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:31 pm 

Just a thought, I'm not sure if this is on the mod or not already.

I know the chip is programed for smash attacks (directional pad + A button) is it possible to do a hold a release system? So on the Wii U version of the game when you use the C-Stick whichever direction you hold it in, it charges the smash attach for a few seconds or until the C-Stick is released. Is it possible to do the same thing on this chip? If it hasn't already been done. Thanks again!

Report this post
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 328 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 33  Next