3dscapture.com

Support Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:57 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:36 pm 

Hi,

I'll be doing the loopy mods in new york city. Mainly I'll be doing the gamecube controller mods for the 3ds for now. If anyone needs an installer, you can hit me up at my shop here: http://www.phonerepair.us/buy/21419/2ds ... e-snes-wii ---

Video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBebOdXZ9Y

Last edited by box0305 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:54 pm 
I emailed you through the contact form on that site, i'm assuming that goes directly to you.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:16 am 

i've just placed a small batch order from loopy and i'll do some tests to gauge the workload required for this mod. it seems to be a tedious mod. I should have an answer by early next week! =D

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:40 pm 
Just completed this mod and its quite tedious I must say. I can understand why loopy doesn't provide this as a service as it can take about 1-2 hours to do and has potential after service issues. It involves shaving off sections of the case to make it fit and then also making sure the board is secured and doesn't move. Also having that you have to modify the controllers to attach the pin outputs, I can foresee the pins getting messed up over time due to plugging and unplugging it. As of right now I'm going to have to work out the pricing and also figure out how to account for after service issues due to wear and tear.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:29 pm 

ok i've finally figured out the pricing and ready to do installations.

Pricing is derived from the tedious nature of this mod as it involves the following:

- Opening the system and being careful not to rip the top LCD flex cables.
- Soldering 18 wires and keeping track of them.
- Carving out a hole on the base case and bottom shell to fit the card properly.
- Cutting the controller card to fit properly as it currently cannot sit flush to the board.
- Gluing the card down to the board so it doesn't move during insert/removal.
- Splicing the controller extension cables and soldering the pins to the wires.
- Epoxy & Heat shrink wrap the exposed wires on the extension cable.

-------------------------------------

Currently I have the 3ds mod installing service at $100 with a $25 rebate making it $75.... the rebate requires doing a review on the mod. something that should take no more than 10 minutes to do. =D as a reward i'll send a $25 rebate for it.

Also it comes with a 90 day warranty on the mod itself.

I run a video games repair shop in NYC and been in business since 2007 so rest assured you're dealing with someone professional. Here's my company albums: https://plus.google.com/photos/10432701 ... 491/albums

Here's the link to the 3ds controller mod order page:
http://www.phonerepair.us/buy/21419/2ds ... e-snes-wii

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:26 pm 
I have two questions. I recently bought the mod and then realized that installation required removing the ribbon cable for the capture board, something that I am personally worried about ding myself as I have minibar soldering experience. Will it be the same price if my 3DS has a capture board installed and would you consider a reduced price since I already have the board for the controller mod?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:38 pm 

hmm.. good point. this could be an issue down the line if people come to me with pre-modded systems. and god forbid something odd happens during the install process to mess up the capture mod. that would be a headache to deal with... I'm sure I can still do the controller mod, but I'm not sure how the capture board is installed and hopefully it doesnt require me to desolder that board in order to install the controller mod.

Can you take a picture of the capture board mod so i can see whats involved?

As for the pricing, it would still be the same for now. Technically it might be more work involved, but i'll let it pass for now. Please take a pic of your capture mod for me.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:30 am 
This is not my 3DS, it's the photo Loopy has up on the site, but the shape of the board has not changed. I have already checked and it appears that 15 of the joints must be desoldered in order to install the controller mod. It's not even so much that I can't do this myself, but the equipment I'd have to buy to feel comfortable with it is almost more than just paying to have it done. If you are not comfortable with it, I completely understand.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:30 am 
I forgot to post the picture, oops! Here it is: http://3dscapture.com/dev/02.jpg

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:13 am 

Hey box0305, I'm currently residing in NYC also and was wondering if I I could walk in the store and leave my 3DS for this mod or would I have to go through the process in the website?

Report this post