3dscapture.com

Support Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 12:51 pm 

Hi I got this mod because the ribbon cable clamp for my analog stick broke (might be relevant to the problem).

Everything works fine except even the slightest touch of the analog stick maxes out that direction and usually sticks (making playing impossible). I tried to calibration in the manual but it didn't seem to help/not sure if I'm doing it correctly.

Any thoughts?

I checked my soldering and even re-soldered the analog test points and also insulated them. My theory is that the problem might have something to do with the 3DS analog stick not being connection. Any way to fix this?

I am using a Game Cube controller and the old 3DS XL.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

The 3DS analog stick still needs to be connected, the controller mod won't work right without it.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:40 pm 

Ah okay thank you. Considering that the clasp/clamp is broken, would anyone recommend any solution? Would it be feasible to solder wires directly on to the ribbon cable?

I tried salvaging some clamps off a scrap 3DS but it seems extremely difficult to put the clamps back on once they're off.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 pm 

It's fixable normally. I have reinstalled many a tiny clamp. Definitely could reinstall the analog stick using wires. You would need to disassemble the Analog stick and desolder the cable and solder wires in its place. I had a similar issue for some xbox one controllers I modded before a fight stick was available. You can fix it using resistors to simulate the stick at center position but I have no ideas what values would work.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 7:11 pm 

I found this image: http://i.imgur.com/zQEeqR9.jpg

I'm thinking I could solder the ground and the 1.8v to the board ground and 1.8v then I'd I could solder the X and Y to the corresponding test points. Would that work or would it mess up something to have two wires (the other from the controller mod) on a single test point? Not sure if that would create some weird circuit though that would mess everything up.

I could also solder the X and Y to the to the corresponding clamp pins but I figured it would be easier to use the test points.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the help will post my findings with pictures.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 pm 

I don't think you can solder directly to it without removing the ribbon but should work if you can. Hardest part is the motherboard side.

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:25 pm 

DekuNukem seems to do it with his mod: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-dC ... GLTMM/edit

The voltage and ground and test points I know I can do. I'm just concerned that having two wires on a single test point might interfere with something. Am I wrong?

The alternative would be soldering to the pins on the motherboard which would be hard so just wondering if you think trying to test points first would be smart?

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:38 pm 

It won't interfere. You technically have two points anyway, one from the mod and one from the analog stick. Doesn't change anything.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

onetrickwolf wrote:
I'm thinking I could solder the ground and the 1.8v to the board ground and 1.8v then I'd I could solder the X and Y to the corresponding test points. Would that work or would it mess up something to have two wires (the other from the controller mod) on a single test point? Not sure if that would create some weird circuit though that would mess everything up.

Yes, that would work. X goes to TP69, Y to TP68.

Report this post